Westone ES3 in Germany/Part1
Nov 2, 2005 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

UAndy

100+ Head-Fier
After owning UE10 for about a year and the need for a second IEM arose, the question was: get a second UE10 or try something new. Although I am extremely satisfied with the UE10 I decided to go for the ES3. Reports from digihead pointed out that these perform basically a tiny bit harder, which might meet my personal taste. So lets see if I feel the same when they arrive.
I got the impressions done by the same audiologist as last year for the UE10 - this time completely without moving my mouth and keeping it about 90% open.
The impressions were sent to Variphone/Belgium who is the certified European partner of Westone. About 1100 Euros will be the charge including impressions. That is about the same price as the UE10. Now the long anticipation starts until the finished ES3s will be shipped.

Nov 3, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 4
wow, your holding your nose and blow against it to get rid of pressure -- is very interesting did not thought of that.

I send my UE10 Pro back to get one of my earpiece less tight because the pressure makes me dizzy and eventually headache after more than 2 hour of use.

Darn, it sounds I should have went for the other earpiece making it tighter.

By the way, congrad on your Westone ES3 purchase.

Nov 3, 2005 at 7:35 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielext
Variphone made my ES2's, got them back in 2 weeks time.
Hope you don't have to do a refit (I didn't but mine were done with my mouth closed).

How is the performance of:
ES2 with Corda/usb
ES2 with Corda/Aria?
I tryed UE10 with Porta-Corda: Too heavy bass and due to the 13 Ohm impedance difficult to drive ...BUT...
UE10 with the Meier-Prehead is the absolute killer-combination. Altogether one of the best combos I ever used.
Maybe with ES3 it would match equally great?
Maybe ES3 with Porta-Corda is easier to drive due to the 24 Ohm impedance.
I will soon find out - 2 weeks
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back