Westone ES2 first impressions
Jun 9, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #31 of 40
Has anyone heard the Westone ES1? I'm interested in custom IEMs, but most of them, including the ES2, is out of my budget range, whereas dropping $350 on an ES1 is okay for my budget.

Jun 9, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy
Also, what has proven to be the most cost-effective way of getting ES2. I'd imagine if purchased from audiologist there would be quite a dffering range of purchase prices.

No, the price should be a flat $650 from any audiologist. You pay the audiologist and it covers the impressions, sending them to Westone, and getting the es2. Based on my knowledge of retail operations, this is probably a fixed price that Westone sets that the audiologists agree to adhere to.

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushGuy
Also, what has proven to be the most cost-effective way of getting ES2. I'd imagine if purchased from audiologist there would be quite a dffering range of purchase prices.

No, the price should be a flat $650 from any audiologist. You pay the audiologist and it covers the impressions, sending them to Westone, and getting the es2. Based on my knowledge of retail operations, this is probably a fixed price that Westone sets that the audiologists agree to adhere to.

Actually BushGuy is "mostly" right. There is no set pricing on the Elite Series like there is on the Universal Series. "Most" will include everything, some will not. It is up to the customer "you" to call around and see who will give you the best price.

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #34 of 40
Aaa sweet A ES-2 thread..

I'll give some input

THEY KICK ASS!!!!
basshead.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Has anyone heard the Westone ES1? I'm interested in custom IEMs, but most of them, including the ES2, is out of my budget range, whereas dropping $350 on an ES1 is okay for my budget.

It depends on the sound you are after. Since they are only a single driver, they will not have quite the bass presence as a dual driver. They will still have some, but not as much. The upper frequencies will also not sound as full. This is just because of the fact that you have one driver handeling everything. They still sound great and have a nice live soundstage.

Aug 24, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
- The ES2 is likewise too sensitive for most portable amps.

- To be perfectly honest, I'm starting to believe that the ES2, as well as the SR-001, is entirely too much headphone for any portable to handle. I know this will raise some eyebrows, but I'm beginning to believe that using a headphone like this unamped out of a portable is a waste.

You just saved me big money. Became quite interested in these cans (too interested) after some searching... realized a TBH won't do this justice and if thats so... its just not worth the money... since I can't afford a better amp... or maybe because I refuse to pay more than $200 for a piece in my kit....well until I saw the price of customs.... but I'll probably just get custom earpieces for my Etymotics....THANKS!!!!

Oct 21, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23
Got it, less sensitive. :wink:

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but did westone really make it less sensitive?
Because that'll be great..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back