Westone ES2 Customer Service
Dec 8, 2006 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FreeBlues

100+ Head-Fier
Wow!

Lots of great discussions on these boards about Westone ES2's, many of us love them for their sound. So, what happens if you break one? Now I know.

Earlier in the week I took the left phone out of my ear and dropped it on a tile floor. Did you know the plastic casing could shatter? Neither did I. Heartsick, I picked up the remaining pieces and called Westone. They gave me an RMA and said to ship them to Colorado.

Today, two days later, I got a call from Westone saying my IEM's had been fixed and they needed an address to FedEx them back. Cost to me: $zero.

Okay, with mine the drivers were not damaged and they were able to glue, fill and patch the unit back together good as new. The tech I spoke with said she could do this kind of repair "standing on her head" and said she couldn't see charging me.

I asked what would have happened if they had to replace the entire unit, drivers and molds. She said it would cost about $175 per side. She also said they keep my molds "on file" for a relatively indefinite period of time, but they recommend one get re-molded after 3 years since your ears do change over time. Still, nice to know if mine get lost, stolen or broken I can get them replaced relatively easily at some a cost far less than the original price.

I've dealt with Westone customer service now a couple times on different issues and have without exception been overwhelmed at the quality of their people. Today's experience was both unexpected, but nothing less than I've come to expect from this company. They have me as a customer for life.

Dec 8, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Good to hear you like their service. Generally all IEM manufacturer have great warranty service. I remember the earbuds on my E4C split apart and I sent it in for repair. They sent me a brand new E4C within 3 days.

Anyway, my next pair of earbuds just might be from Westone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 3
I've dealt with Westone three or four times now, and I can state categorically they have the best customer service I've ever experieinced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back