Westone Epic Cable -Replacement suggestions?
Feb 1, 2017 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DR650SE

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm currently using Westone W40 IEMs. However I just recently noticed that where the cable meets the end plug (MMCX), the rubber shielding is coming away and exposing some of the end piece. I have a feeling it's not long before it begins to go out in that ear (right).

Is there another affordable cable out there with similar sound quality? Westone wants $50 on Amazon, and if I spend that kind of money I want something decent.

I already have a really nice Silver Litz cable, however one ear has gone out and the cable needs to be repaired at the 3.5mm jack end. I am deployed at the moment so this will need to be done when I get home. I also don't have the skill to solder it so I will need to send it off to someone. The Silver Litz cable is my nice cable. Thing cost me like $180 lol.

Anyway, back to my original question. Are there any better replacement cables for the Westone Epic cable that are similar or less in price?

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 2
I picked up the CampFire Vega to compliment my W50. I like the cable that came with the Vega a lot better than the Westone Epic cable (which always seems to disconnect from the left earphone). 

You can buy the Campfire cable at https://www.aloaudio.com/shop/litz/.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back