Westone customer support?
Dec 4, 2008 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

i_don't_know

1000+ Head-Fier
After finding out a bit about the new Westone 3, I've decided to hold off on upgrading to good portables for now and live with my S639F's stock IEMs when I'm on the go. However, once I turn 16, there will be more jobs available to me (then again, we are in a recession, but hopefully I'll be able to find something). As soon as I make my first $1000 from whatever job I end up with (if I do end up with one), I'm ordering some Westone 3's! The only problem is, I'm afraid that if anything goes wrong with my $400 investment, I'll have trouble getting a repair.

I've read some reviews that made me a little uneasy, but what are your experiences with Westone's customer support? I'd really like to know.

Also, if anyone would care to answer a quick yes/no question for me, would the Westone 3 be able to be fully driven (un-amped) from a Sony S639F?

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 4
I have dealt with Westone customer support twice over cables issues: once with UM1s and once with UM2s. Both times, a person answered the phone (no menu system) and that person handled the entire process of getting the earphones returned for repair. The UM2s were out of warranty so someone (may have been the same person) called me and let me know what they cost of repair would be. Then that person handled my payment. I cannot a better experience with any other company.

-Pony

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 4
Perfect.

I wish I had enough for these right now. I can't wait to hear them.

What about the amp issue? I don't own an amp, but if these sound astonishingly better with an amp or just not their best without one, I guess I could get a cheap one.

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have dealt with Westone customer support twice over cables issues: once with UM1s and once with UM2s. Both times, a person answered the phone (no menu system) and that person handled the entire process of getting the earphones returned for repair. The UM2s were out of warranty so someone (may have been the same person) called me and let me know what they cost of repair would be. Then that person handled my payment. I cannot a better experience with any other company.

-Pony

How much was the repair for the UM2 cable issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back