Westone Bluetooth V2
Aug 15, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #31 of 37
Just a quick update, I've received today the Shure BT2 and no hissing at all, sound quality is incredible compared to a 10$ bt cable I bought in ebay (obviously).

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #32 of 37
I just bought this cable and am running Sennheiser IE7 IEMS (got them modded to take mmcx) with the cable. The sound is awesome and everything about the cable is great (I personally liked the sound more than the Shure, and I am not getting any hiss).

however, I am SUPER Disappointed at the battery life - my part of the world, there are no returns. Anyone has any tips/tricks or even thoughts on what could be happening here? My battery (without the attached box thingy) lasts ~3-4 hours maybe at max. Is it something to do with what IEMs I am running?

Thanks very much for any thoughts.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #33 of 37
So, I had to buy w80 because it was on fire sale for $749 =D, tried the BT gen 2 module, I too am hearing buzzing/pulsing noise on the right side =(.
If this is due to electronic controls on the right side, is there anyway to reduce the issue?

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #34 of 37
Besides the noise issues, what do people think about its sound quality?
how does it compare to ALO reference 8 cable that comes as stock in w80?
I assume BT module is not yet on the same level as the physically connected cable

Jul 25, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #36 of 37
Besides the noise issues, what do people think about its sound quality?
how does it compare to ALO reference 8 cable that comes as stock in w80?
I assume BT module is not yet on the same level as the physically connected cable

I didn't like the Westone BT cable but I have been using the Shure one with my W80 and I haven't used any cable since then. 🤷🏽‍♂️

May 29, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #37 of 37
Ok android you need to open the developer options in settings by pressing the build number of phone information 7 times. After that you need to go to about this phone and select developer options. Scroll down until you see the Bluetooth audio codec. The Westone V2 does not do HD audio so that needs to be changed to aptx (normal) or just use the not hifi setting of SDS. I've also noticed better sound using 44.1kHz over the 48.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back