Westone Bluetooth V2
Feb 26, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #19 of 37
same...hissing on the right on SE846. Too bad I don't have any other iem to test...
I already sent it back and settled on ES100 for now.

Mar 31, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #21 of 37
A little late to this thread but just picked up the W80 Gen2 package that comes with the bluetooth v2 cable and have the exact same issue buzzing in the right ear. It's definitely a fault of the electronics because if no music is playing for a while (20-30 seconds or so) the electronics go to sleep and the buzzing goes away. In a noisier setting (airports, walking on the street, etc.) it's not an issue but in a quiet listening environment it is absolutely a deal breaker. Will keep the cable since there are situations where I can use it but it feels like a project that was shipped before it was ready.

Jun 10, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #23 of 37
Bummer that there is a issue with electronic feedback. Does anybody who recently purchased this still have this issue?

I doubt Westone is working on fixing it. When I opened a support ticket about it they insisted that the issue was with my headphones, both pairs of them. Which is funny since both pairs of headphones were also made by Westone

Jun 11, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #24 of 37
I use the cable plus es50. I don't like when I try to call and I hear the sound of the enviroment.
Between the cable and sound, this is the difference that bugs me.
I hear the noise sometimes.
But I am using more Bluetooth because I prefer the noise than use a cable adapter ( 3.5mm to usb-c) because the new smartphone

Jul 7, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #25 of 37
So I just bought one from Amazon and with my W30 I haven't experienced the hissing yet but my main problem is that the volume is no where near as loud as a cable. I like my music loud at the gym and I'm not sure if this will cut it... Any ideas on how to up the volume with an IPhone?

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #26 of 37
So I just bought one from Amazon and with my W30 I haven't experienced the hissing yet but my main problem is that the volume is no where near as loud as a cable. I like my music loud at the gym and I'm not sure if this will cut it... Any ideas on how to up the volume with an IPhone?
You can use neutron player and increase amplifier volume

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #29 of 37
In case anyone is curious, I just received a new pair of these and the buzzing in the right ear issue is unresolved. Adjusting the volume doesn't change it so it's not anything in the audio path - probably just good old RFI? I doubt Westone has any plans to re-engineer these to correct the problem given how long they've been out, which is a shame because the sound quality is a huge improvement over the V1 version of the product. I'm considering whether to send them back but I'm a bit torn because I like the sound so much otherwise, and of course they fit Westone's slightly weird protruding MMCX connectors perfectly.

The soundstage on the V1 was comparatively compressed. The highs seemed like they were lacking in detail and bass was muddled. The new V2 cable has a maybe a little boost at low frequencies but is otherwise quite neutral. Very clear and very open sounding with a marvelously-rendered soundstage, and the cable is also super powerful. Drives UM Pro 30s way beyond comfort. It's like the Bluetooth is finally no longer a constraint - these sound like a wired cable... With a regrettable buzz. :frowning2:

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #30 of 37
I bought this cable and it didn't work very well for me. I connected a pair of Westone UM10 and Westone W80s. On both pairs, as soon as I pair the cable, I hear an electronic buzzing in the right ear piece. I tried pairing it to my computer and phone and had the same issue with both sources. I contacted Westone about it and they sent out a replacement. Same issue with the replacement.

I do notice the hissing in my SE846, but it only seems to be there when there is no music playing. Is this the same for you?

same...hissing on the right on SE846. Too bad I don't have any other iem to test...
I already sent it back and settled on ES100 for now.

A little late to this thread but just picked up the W80 Gen2 package that comes with the bluetooth v2 cable and have the exact same issue buzzing in the right ear. It's definitely a fault of the electronics because if no music is playing for a while (20-30 seconds or so) the electronics go to sleep and the buzzing goes away. In a noisier setting (airports, walking on the street, etc.) it's not an issue but in a quiet listening environment it is absolutely a deal breaker. Will keep the cable since there are situations where I can use it but it feels like a project that was shipped before it was ready.

Exactly the same problem here with the W80, I hear a terrible hissing on the right earpiece. It does not stop but with music you don´t notice anything, except if there is a quiet part on the track or you hear clasical music, jazz, etc...

To me this is unnaceptable experience and I will return them... too bad because the sound is actually good. I´ve bought the shure v2, I will report with that cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back