Westone Bluetooth V2
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

D1scoDav

Head-Fier
Hiya,

I’ve been looking for a review of the new westone cable, I haven’t been able to find one, not sure if I’m searching for the right key words. Has anyone on here done a review of it yet?

Jan 21, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 37
Hi ! I'd be really interested by your feedback. I'm using etymotic er4xr IEMs with a DragonFly Black wired to my Pixel 3 but the setup is just bulky. I'm curious of the sound quality with Bluetooth 5.0 and aptx HD. I'm using Tidal HIFI which os lossless 16 bits 44k.

Thank you

Jan 24, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 37
Me too - eager to hear - I've recently sworn off Bluetooth for the 5th time and have been using the new Shure USB-C cable with my Westome ES60s, but if this new cable is the real deal, I'd be willing to give it a 6th try.

Jan 29, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #7 of 37
I bought a FiiO BTR3. You will need a short custom cable if you want to wear if on your neck but otherwise it is really really good. The sound with LDAC is similar to what I was getting with the DragonFly Black. It is also the cheapest option around.

Feb 4, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 37
Right guys, i’ve Been using the cable a few weeks and i can now give you a little rundown.

My biggest issue with the cable is the new rubber on the MMCX connectors, the last version was perfect, but i guess with them taking it to a higher water resistance rating, they have made the rubber slightly longer. I’m guessing this isn’t an issue if you actually have westone iem’s, Burt i have Shure 846, and the slightest knock makes them pop off the cable. I think this has actually got better with more use, so maybe in a couple of months it might be ok.

They have now added the formed over the ear section that make a massive difference with ease of wear and comfort. I think they weigh less too, but it might just be because of the extra support.

The little charging dock is a good idea, but i guess that’s just the same as all of the true wireless ones have now, so its nothing special.

BT5 is a great addition, being able to jump easily from playing something on my phone, to my watch without having to disconnect is almost like having the apple W1 chip in them.

I find that they are a little slower to respond than the previous version. You cant rapidly increase or decrease volume, although the horrible deafening beeps are gone and are replaced with a lovely lady’s voice for power on/off, connected, disconnected etc. The volume up/down sound is nice and simple now and the screaming max volume noise has been replaced by just being ignored when you’re at the 100% mark.

I think they sound slightly better, crisper, louder without being too much and the low end is lovely. But then, on the 846, the low end is always lovely.

This is my first review of anything, ever. I’ve read others reviews and i’m Never going to be able to get in to that much detail without prompts. If anyone has anything to ask, just let me know. I can tell you that it feels like a subtle, yet big improvement over the previous version.

I read something somewhere about the Qualcomm chip in this is the same as the new shure cable. I would have gone for the shure cable if it wasn’t such a weird setup and clearly no good for in the gym.

Any questions, give me a shout :)

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #9 of 37
Do you have a picture of what the cable ends look like?

reckon it might be possible to give the rubber lip a trim to fit the SE846 better? :beyersmile:

I really like the design of this one over the RCME-BT2

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #10 of 37
89DFB7D0-BC92-45DE-B0DC-AD6A160FDFDE.jpeg
89DFB7D0-BC92-45DE-B0DC-AD6A160FDFDE.jpeg
321063B5-875D-4241-9B16-C0DEED8B4AA2.jpeg
1202E0D4-D11E-41A1-8AEA-E2D119C53A1C.jpeg
Do you have a picture of what the cable ends look like?

reckon it might be possible to give the rubber lip a trim to fit the SE846 better? :beyersmile:

I really like the design of this one over the RCME-BT2
Yes, here you go, kinda difficult to take a picture with a phone after 5 coffees haha.

In all of the pictures, the left one is the V2

Feb 21, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 37
My current setup is SE846 with Radsone ES100. Looking to try new option for BT

Do you notice any hiss with SE846? How about battery life?

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #12 of 37
I bought this cable and it didn't work very well for me. I connected a pair of Westone UM10 and Westone W80s. On both pairs, as soon as I pair the cable, I hear an electronic buzzing in the right ear piece. I tried pairing it to my computer and phone and had the same issue with both sources. I contacted Westone about it and they sent out a replacement. Same issue with the replacement.

Feb 26, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #14 of 37
What I hear isn't a hiss, it's like a electronic interference type buzzing as if the cable wasn't sheiled or something. It only happens in the right IEM, which is the side of the cable that has the controls. The left is quiet. It happens on both cables they sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back