Westone Audio MACH: Launch Tour
Aug 28, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #77 of 85
Quick pre-announcement:
Westone Audio is going to launch 1 more tour...
Since in the current launch tour, Asia (and AUS) got to review the entry level MACH 10 & 20 models - we decided to run another Asia tour with the flagship models, MACH 70 & 80.

I will officially post an announcement shortly!

Aug 28, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #78 of 85
Quick pre-announcement:
Westone Audio is going to launch 1 more tour...
Since in the current launch tour, Asia (and AUS) got to review the entry level MACH 10 & 20 models - we decided to run another Asia tour with the flagship models, MACH 70 & 80.

I will officially post an announcement shortly!

Can’t wait!

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #80 of 85
@EtyDave What's the main/intended sonic difference between Mach 50 and 60?

Sorry for the extremely late reply. I haven't been on Head-Fi much lately (something I'm going to try and fix).

There are subtle differences in the location of the primary peak, but the biggest fundamental difference between the two is that the 60 has more high end output whereas the 50 is notable smoother. It gives the impression that the 50 is a bit more low-end focused and the 60 is a bit more detailed (I consider it more balanced, overall). The 50 also has a single, larger BA for the low end and the 50 has a dual BA, although the actual amplitude of the bass boost isn't too different between the two models.

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #81 of 85
Sorry for the extremely late reply. I haven't been on Head-Fi much lately (something I'm going to try and fix).

There are subtle differences in the location of the primary peak, but the biggest fundamental difference between the two is that the 60 has more high end output whereas the 50 is notable smoother. It gives the impression that the 50 is a bit more low-end focused and the 60 is a bit more detailed (I consider it more balanced, overall). The 50 also has a single, larger BA for the low end and the 50 has a dual BA, although the actual amplitude of the bass boost isn't too different between the two models.
Thanks. That roughly agrees with what I heard at Canjam. The main difference I heard, other than 60 being more extended in the highs, was that 50 had a more pronounced 1khz. 50 sounds more like SE535 and 60 sounds more like MH334, or 50 sounds more like PP8 and 60 sounds more like PMX, if that makes sense. I slightly prefer the midrange of the 60. Both are incredible achievements at their respective price points!

Sep 21, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #82 of 85
Thanks. That roughly agrees with what I heard at Canjam. The main difference I heard, other than 60 being more extended in the highs, was that 50 had a more pronounced 1khz. 50 sounds more like SE535 and 60 sounds more like MH334, or 50 sounds more like PP8 and 60 sounds more like PMX, if that makes sense. I slightly prefer the midrange of the 60. Both are incredible achievements at their respective price points!

Thanks, I prefer the 60 as well, but others I respect have the opposite opinion. It would be boring if they were all the same. :)

Sep 21, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #83 of 85
Thanks, I prefer the 60 as well, but others I respect have the opposite opinion. It would be boring if they were all the same. :)
My personal favorite of the top 4 (MACH 50,60,70,80) is the 70, but that is no surprise since I LOVE extra bass.
Having said that, I can easily see how people looking for a more reference FR would prefer the 60 which is great.

Oct 3, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #84 of 85
Oct 3, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #85 of 85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back