Westone AC10/AC20 or Alclair Dual/Dual XB
Jun 26, 2015 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

alfonsothree

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am a fairly experienced but amateur musician as well as a slight audiophile :) I am looking for my first "high quality" iems.  I would like to get customs because of their superior fit and all but they are very expensive so I have been looking at the low end of ciems.  I found the Westone AC10's as well as the Westone AC20's which seem to be Westone's bottom end of ciems and then I also found Alclair Duals and Dual XBs.

Westone seems to be a great and highly reputable brand whereas I have been having a hard time finding much info on Alclair.  It seems to be a legitimate brand but one that is not well established in the industry.

I would like to go as cheaply as possible so I am leaning towards the Westone AC10's but since these are only single driver I feel like it might be a better value to go with the dual driver Alclairs for the same price. Has anyone used either of these or has comments on the brand?  Should I just go for it and get the Westone AC20's since they are Westone and dual drivers?

Also, do I need a limiter for these? I've read that it is a good idea to have a limiter with iems in case of feedback or unplugging a jack or something... but I haven't found a good, inexpensive ($50 and under), portable limiter and most of the time I feel like I won't need it anyways... thoughts?  I plan to mostly use it with iPhone/Mac, as well as playing drums/guitar at home.  Very little to no stage use (at church/small gigs).

I'm new to Head-Fi and looked through the forum for related posts but I haven't found too much-hopefully you all can help! Thanks!

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 2

bump? Hope I can get an answer or else I'll probably just go with the Westone's... 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back