Westone 4R Vs Westone W40 Vs Logitech UE900 Vs Shure SE535LTD Red Vs Sennheiser IE80
May 17, 2014 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

smithamb

100+ Head-Fier
Okay so Im on the lookout for a new pair of IEM's after having a slight change in music taste. I currently own a pair of Atomic Floyd Superdarts and a pair of Logitech UE6000 headphones and these are more bass orientated. However i have started to listen to more vocal/acoustic songs that require less bass but a lot more detail, soundstage and clarity. I Most of my 'bassy' songs are MP3 at 350kbps or 260kbps AAC but I have started to download more FLAC files at around 800kbps and i am enjoying them quite a lot.

Whats important for me:
A decent kick in the low end, doesn't have to be extremely strong or overwhelming, just a decent amount of grunt to bring a smile to my face when the bass drops 
smily_headphones1.gif

Warm mids so acoustic sections of songs such as Guitar tracks will sound nice and smooth
A large soundstage so my music will sound airy and have a good range
Decent highs

What would you recommend out of the list i have provided. The cheapest there are the IE80's at £230 and the most expensive the 4R at £400. I didn't really want to spend that much but if i have to...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back