Westone 4R Replacement 2 pin cable (bluetooth?)
Feb 16, 2018 at 8:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

epaludo

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

It's been really long since I have been around, lack of time might be the reason. But anyways, it's time for a cable replacement in my beloved Westone 4R. Since the new W*0 line came out, the cable connectors changed, but I need the old 2 pin cable. I know there are a few options including Westone Epic cable and some other brands as well. But, with the new trend of smartphones opting out of headphone plugs, I would REALLY like to buy a bluetooth solution to use my 4R with new iPhones.

If anyone had been looking for such solution please share some guidance and I'll probably buy one.

Cheers!

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 11
This is what I've been using with my 2-pin custom IEMs:

https://www.amazon.com/KZ-Replacment-ED12-ZST-Headphones/dp/B073GN2DH1/

Has Bluetooth 4.2 for best audio quality, connection lasts about 20-25 feet from my phone without dropping (Sony Xperia) and the battery life is around 2.5-3.5 hours depending on volume, enough for my daily use at least. And you can't beat the price.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #4 of 11
be carefull - KZ have 0,75 Pin and W4R needs 0,78 Pin - maybe it will be loose

My customs are also 0.78mm. The difference is insignificant enough that are fine unless I swing them around like a lasso.

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #8 of 11
FiiO UTWS3 is now out and looks like a fantastic solution. I am not confident it will be a great fit with the 2 pin connectors, though. Anyone with more input please elaborate

I bought this on Amazon and it works great. Perfect 2 pin connection and battery life.Bluetooth Headphone Cable,OKCSC BT3S Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth 5.0 Cable 0.78mm 2pin Supporting Apt-x & AAC,20 Hours Playback Earphone Bluetooth Connector for um3x w4r um18 ue11 1964(0.78mm Jack)

Jan 13, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #9 of 11
I bought this on Amazon and it works great. Perfect 2 pin connection and battery life.Bluetooth Headphone Cable,OKCSC BT3S Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth 5.0 Cable 0.78mm 2pin Supporting Apt-x & AAC,20 Hours Playback Earphone Bluetooth Connector for um3x w4r um18 ue11 1964(0.78mm Jack)

Do you have pictures of the combo? I would like to see the fit

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #10 of 11
Hi all,

It's been really long since I have been around, lack of time might be the reason. But anyways, it's time for a cable replacement in my beloved Westone 4R. Since the new W*0 line came out, the cable connectors changed, but I need the old 2 pin cable. I know there are a few options including Westone Epic cable and some other brands as well. But, with the new trend of smartphones opting out of headphone plugs, I would REALLY like to buy a bluetooth solution to use my 4R with new iPhones.

If anyone had been looking for such solution please share some guidance and I'll probably buy one.

Cheers!
This works very well with my Westone 4R for past 3 years with tight 2 pin fit
Bluetooth Headphone Cable,OKCSC... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V69F3GJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Jun 26, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #11 of 11

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back