Westone 4 with iPhone 4 or 4S
Jun 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NoGood

Head-Fier
Hey guys/girls,

So, I'm looking for a new portable setup for my daily needs.

I've been reading a lot those past few days, and I guess I'll not opt for the iphone 5 due to slightly worse audio quality than the 4 and 4s.

Should I go for a iphone 4 32gb with the westone 4? Will there be a big difference unamped vs amped? Does the W4 synergize better the iphone 4 or 4s?

The westone 4 currently is at $318 on amazon, but i'm not sure if it's the one with rc or not but from the picture it does look like the w4r:

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-WST-WESTONE4-W4/dp/B004M4RTUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370260461&sr=8-1&keywords=westone+4

I listen to just about anything but my main genres are rock, pop and classical.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 3
It's not the W4r, just W4.

Although the W4 does benefit from being amped, I personally don't bother carrying my amp setup, I just use my Cowon J3 with bbe enabled.

I have not heard the iphone 4/4s, but the lower sound quality on my note 1 out of my W4r is pretty decent, especially with poweramp. But if I don't have much disposable income, and I'm not using it with other devices with amp at home or something similar or planning to get a decent dap, I would probably get something cheaper, there are heaps of choices around.

To enjoy the W4 you need high quality music files at least 320k, with 32gb you will run out fast with other stuff like apps, pictures etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back