Westone 4 GIVEAWAY & Review
May 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Comply

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,
We at ComplyFoam.com have revitalized our From The Audio Files YouTube series where we unbox & review an expensive/hot/unique/awesome pair of earphones, then give them away to one of our fans.

Well, our latest video covers the $400 IEMs, the Westone 4.

I (Nate) have had them on my desk for a few weeks now, tried them out for hours and hours, and now I'm being forced to give them away. I've been on the phone with Westone and we are both very excited about this giveaway.

Here's the link to the YouTube video so you can see what we at Comply have to say about these IEMs.

Here's the link in case the video block doesn't work.

The How To Win rules are at the end of the video, but here they are again:
  1. Make a video talking about why you love Comply Foam Tips.
  2. Show your earphones and your set of Comply Foam Tips (proving that you actually own our tips and appreciate good sound. We don't doubt this community or your love for sound, but we're just trying to weed out a few videos that might try being sneaky.)
  3. Make sure the video quality doesn't suck (i.e. shaky cameras, horrible noise or lighting, etc). We appreciate well-done videos with good video production
  4. Be creative! The more fun, snappy, clever video - the more everyone will enjoy it.

My team and I will randomly select a video submission to be the winner. The winner will receive the Westone 4 package with a couple packs of Comply Foam Tips. On top of that, they will be featured on our Live It section.

The deadline for this contest is THIS Thursday, 5/26, so get your videos in ASAP!
I won't promise it, but we might extend the contest deadline for a few days, but don't count on it!

Let us know when your video is up so that it's on our radar and we see it. It would be a shame for you to make a video and us not know about it!

GOOD LUCK!

May 23, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 17
Off topic, but I never got the tips from the Comply Foam review thread? Should I PM, or email you guys? I have a PM from you as well.

My post: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/544629/free-comply-tips-for-a-review/15#post_7350193

Thanks, Brendan

May 23, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 17
That was a while ago - Yikes! A handful of people never followed through with emailing me their mailing address. I'll send you a PM so we can square things off. Sorry about that.

May 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 17
Well guys, good news - I've got a video 
regular_smile .gif
. It's actually a review, but don't worry - definitely comes under the context of 'everything I love about the complyfoam earbuds'. Plus, thanks guys for making truly some of the best earbuds out there! Honestly, not a word of exaggeration used. Well, as I say, I have the video, just doing finishing touches (good editing makes the video), and I'm wondering if you want me to do anything with it? Title it something particular? Post it as a response to the giveaway video on YouTube? Plans at the moment are to just do it as a review, under 'ComplyFoam earbuds review', and post it as a response to the giveaway. Thanks for any help, and thanks for making the earbuds that saved my earphones! And here's hoping, as a selfish aftertouch, that I get myself some Westone 4's - it's win them or buy them. *Sigh*, they really are brilliant earphones... 
ksc75smile.gif

Oh, and if you want my mailing address at all, before deciding a winner, just ask  
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 17
Heads up everyone... The Comply Team has decided to extend the deadline of the contest for another week.
You now have till Thursday, June 2, to create your video and post it.

We've heard feedback that people don't have enough time to make a video that's good enough to win a $450 Westone Package. So we're taking the advice we are hearing and extending it.

Good luck!

May 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
Well guys, good news - I've got a video 
regular_smile .gif
. It's actually a review, but don't worry - definitely comes under the context of 'everything I love about the complyfoam earbuds'. Plus, thanks guys for making truly some of the best earbuds out there! Honestly, not a word of exaggeration used. Well, as I say, I have the video, just doing finishing touches (good editing makes the video), and I'm wondering if you want me to do anything with it? Title it something particular? Post it as a response to the giveaway video on YouTube? Plans at the moment are to just do it as a review, under 'ComplyFoam earbuds review', and post it as a response to the giveaway. Thanks for any help, and thanks for making the earbuds that saved my earphones! And here's hoping, as a selfish aftertouch, that I get myself some Westone 4's - it's win them or buy them. *Sigh*, they really are brilliant earphones... 
ksc75smile.gif

Oh, and if you want my mailing address at all, before deciding a winner, just ask  
biggrin.gif

Yeah, post it as a response on YouTube. The name doesn't matter to us. Once it's up, feel free to post it on our Facebook page also. Looking forward to seeing it!

May 25, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 17
So my video response isn't showing up on youtube for some reason...
anyways here is the link to my video. Thanks! (did not mean to upload two videos sry)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdRDNgsCJHo

May 26, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
So my video response isn't showing up on youtube for some reason...
anyways here is the link to my video. Thanks! (did not mean to upload two videos sry)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdRDNgsCJHo

No problem. Thanks for posting a video! My team and I will check it out soon. I've already logged it as an entry.

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #15 of 17
Will do! Just exporting now, then I'll post it as a video reply hopefully! :)

I apologise in advance for my speaking... I mix my words up easily, sometimes without even noticing... you wouldn't imagine how many takes I did just for this one short video! and I'm not the biggest fan of being in front of the camera either! I'd prefer to be behind it! :p (Well, that's my excuses out of the way ...it's hopefully not as bad as I made it sound! 
rolleyes.gif
)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYaGLo2AExs

Hopefully that's alright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back