Westone 3's? or stick with UM2's?
Apr 24, 2007 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AndrewF

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm new to this forum. Currently using, and very happy with UM2's with a stock Nano 2G. Previously owned EX70's (still use them as my kayaking phones since they're cheap and indestructible) and ER-6's (great detail, zero bass, not loud enough).

I have a Tomahawk and Alo Vampire on order, and I'm really excited to hear how the UM2's sound with them- anyone out there have any experience with this combo? Think I'll notice any difference over un-amped?

I went ahead and pre-ordered the Westone 3's. But, as the early reviews come in from Headfest, it doesn't sound like the 3's are that much of an improvement over the UM2's (or is there? Can anyone give us a detailed comparison of these two IEM's?).

So- should I wait and see how much of an improvement just the amp and Vampire are, or do you think the synergy of the whole setup will be worth it?

Thanks,

AndrewF

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 5
andrew, it's really up to you whether or not you feel the westone 3 is worth the upgrade. if you already own and enjoy the um2's but are looking to upgrade, the westone 3 seems to be the logical choice. it's definitely better than the um2, no question about that. i think the main thing is figuring out whether or not you want a similar sound signature to your current um2's...only more refined.

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks. I'm very pleased with the UM2's, so I think I would enjoy the Westone 3's, providing that they really are a sonic upgrade.

Has anyone been able to directly compare these two IEM's?

Andrew

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I'm very pleased with the UM2's, so I think I would enjoy the Westone 3's, providing that they really are a sonic upgrade.

Has anyone been able to directly compare these two IEM's?

Andrew

i did exactly that at headfest, which is why i replied. you can also see more of my thoughts between the two (and various other iems) in the westone 3 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back