Westone 3's Durability
Aug 8, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a pair of Westone 3s, which I'd purchased used from another headfier. They were fine. When I sold them off, I kept a pair of UM3X, which remain in my pocket wherever I go. I don't use the case. I'm not carrying a zippered jockstrap in my pocket wherever I go. The only downside I've experienced, since buying them in May, is the tangled-cord thing. The Westone cables are so slight they're easy to tie into knots. You could have issues down the road, but think about it this way: Why did you buy the phones in the first place? A Westone cable is under $40. I'm sure the day will come when you have to address a cable issue, but till that day, why not enjoy the phones you bought?

Are the Westone 3 cables detachable? I didn't realize they were...

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe for their customs, but not universals.

I believe in warranty replacement of user damaged cables costs $26.

As to the original question, the tips stay in much better condition if stored in a case. (and removing lint means a trip back to the shop...)

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #20 of 21
That sounds good to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe in warranty replacement of user damaged cables costs $26.

As to the original question, the tips stay in much better condition if stored in a case. (and removing lint means a trip back to the shop...)

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #21 of 21
I carried the Westone 3 in my pocket all the time with no case so they're pretty durable. There's no scratches on them either.

I do the same with my UM3X now
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back