Westone 3's Durability
Aug 6, 2009 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

GabeJacobs

New Head-Fier
Hey, I just got the westone 3's (Best headphones i have ever gotten by far) and I am wondering how durable they are.

I want to be able to simply wrap them around my iPhone and put them in my pocket, but if you guys really do not think I should do that, I wont. Are the the Westone 3's durable enough to be able to carry them around without the case, or do I have to bring the case every where I go?

Thanks for the advice.

- Gabe

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 21
I would just throw them in you're pocket, just don't wrap them around you're ipod, detach it from the jack and then just kind of wrap it up into a small circle. Should be fine. If you stretch those wounded cables around you're ipod, they could split up after time. The actual phone should be fine.

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 21
I had a pair of Westone 3s, which I'd purchased used from another headfier. They were fine. When I sold them off, I kept a pair of UM3X, which remain in my pocket wherever I go. I don't use the case. I'm not carrying a zippered jockstrap in my pocket wherever I go. The only downside I've experienced, since buying them in May, is the tangled-cord thing. The Westone cables are so slight they're easy to tie into knots. You could have issues down the road, but think about it this way: Why did you buy the phones in the first place? A Westone cable is under $40. I'm sure the day will come when you have to address a cable issue, but till that day, why not enjoy the phones you bought?

Aug 7, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 21
I wonder who bought your pair ^^^^
smily_headphones1.gif
. I just keep them in my case its not very big and doesnt take up much room so it works good for me.

Aug 7, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GabeJacobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I just got the westone 3's (Best headphones i have ever gotten by far) and I am wondering how durable they are.

I want to be able to simply wrap them around my iPhone and put them in my pocket, but if you guys really do not think I should do that, I wont. Are the the Westone 3's durable enough to be able to carry them around without the case, or do I have to bring the case every where I go?

Thanks for the advice.

- Gabe

I personally think you should use the case provided - not only will they be better protected but also the tips would be kept cleaner, ie protecting your ears a little more from any possible, though unlikely, infection.

BTW, you might want to change your avatar. :)

Aug 7, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 21
I use the zippered case and it does what it needs to do and protect junk from entering the ear tubes and keeps the tips clean. Congrats on your purchase and I picked the W3's over the my old Shure E500's.

Aug 7, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How'd you compare the westones with se530?

They're much better... trust me!

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How'd you compare the westones with se530?

Lets just put it this way, when I put the Westones 3's in my ears, a smile lit up on my face. That did not happen with the SE530's. Not to say those were not great headphones also.

Also, would you guys say that it is more of a risk to get dirt/lint in my headphones if i put them in my pocket or of the cable/phones actually splitting/breaking?

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #10 of 21
Considering how thin the cable is, the major risk is probably damage to the cable, not to getting lint in the sound tube.

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GabeJacobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the advice.

- Gabe

If you wear tight pants that could be a big problem. And yes, I would say lint going down the nozzles could be an even bigger issue. Keep them protected and they will last a long time.

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #15 of 21
This could be a problem.. for more than just headphones
devil_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you wear tight pants that could be a big problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back