Westone 3s broken for the third time - Need new customs.
Jan 31, 2011 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RedSox

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I know that we don't really need another "Which headphones should I get?" thread, but I've been searching for a few hours now and just can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I received Weston 3s with UM56 customs for my birthday two years ago. They sound great, but I've gone through three pairs because of broken drivers, and the custom ear tip option isn't really a great option for me because my ear canals curve very sharply. They're out of warranty, so now I'm looking for full customs.

Honestly, I would like to stay away from Westone for now. I would like to keep this purchase under $500. I listen to mostly indie rock.

Here are the prospects I've come up with so far:
-Fidelity Triples
-Fidelity 2X3
-UE4
-UE1
-JH5
-Any of those triple/dual driver cans from Alien Ears

Can anyone recommend (or recommend against) any of these headphones? Which of these would be best for me?

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm going to college for music production starting next year, so if any of these monitors are good for that kind of thing, that would be great.

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Hello everyone. I know that we don't really need another "Which headphones should I get?" thread, but I've been searching for a few hours now and just can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I received Weston 3s with UM56 customs for my birthday two years ago. They sound great, but I've gone through three pairs because of broken drivers, and the custom ear tip option isn't really a great option for me because my ear canals curve very sharply. They're out of warranty, so now I'm looking for full customs.

Honestly, I would like to stay away from Westone for now. I would like to keep this purchase under $500. I listen to mostly indie rock.

Here are the prospects I've come up with so far:
-Fidelity Triples
-Fidelity 2X3
-UE4
-UE1
-JH5
-Any of those triple/dual driver cans from Alien Ears

Can anyone recommend (or recommend against) any of these headphones? Which of these would be best for me?

Thanks!

hmmm...might I suggest 1964 ear's, they have a 4 driver custom for $500

james

Users who are viewing this thread

Back