Westone 3 vs UM3X (Unamped)
Nov 22, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #16 of 22
True. The large diameter housing of W3 + very short nozzle can make them difficult to seal well in the ear. The housing goes flush up against the ear before the nozzle is fully inserted. Arguably a design flaw.

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkozlow3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I did just the opposite. The UM3x was DULL, DULL, DULL straight out of my iPhone 3G with rock/pop/electronica for me.

That's because your iPhone sounds dull imo. The UM3X need a DAP with a more lively and dynamic sound signature. Cowon and Sony are the best choices to have an ideal synergy.

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #18 of 22
So basically if amped the um3x seems to beat the w3 hands down.
but unamped i cant seem to find figure out which is better. (Through the iPhone).

Any more people who've tried both through an ipod or iphone?

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's because your iPhone sounds dull imo. The UM3X need a DAP with a more lively and dynamic sound signature. Cowon and Sony are the best choices to have an ideal synergy.

What rubbish!

Nov 23, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #21 of 22
Alright. well from what i see their sound does seem slightly subjective when unamped.
I'll try have a listen to both of them through my iPhone some time and see which suites me best.

Thanks very much for all the responses.

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #22 of 22
I auditioned both a few months back and love the detail of the UM3X more! I think it's a matter of taste.

If you like big bass, and don't care much for lots of detail, and like the fun sound. W3 is better: ) I have the UM3X and my buddy's got the W3. Well besides the game of chess, we really don't have all that much in common
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back