Westone 3 vs. Ultimate Ears 5 EB
Oct 19, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #16 of 22
Hey guys, so I went ahead and ordered the UA 5 EBs for now. I am pretty sure that the IE 8s will be my next set. Thanks for all the feedback and I will let you know how the UAs work out when I get them.

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #17 of 22
I received the UE 5 EBs today and I have to say I am totally and utterly disappointed. Highs and mids are completely overshadowed by the crude and unrefined bass. I would not recommend these to anyone.

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #18 of 22
I would suggest IE7 or IE8. They will give you bass similar to the EBs, but far better soundstage and imaging.

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by yowtf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received the UE 5 EBs today and I have to say I am totally and utterly disappointed. Highs and mids are completely overshadowed by the crude and unrefined bass. I would not recommend these to anyone.

Hey bro, these are hybrid drivers. One of them is BA and the other is dynamic, they both will need a good amount of burn in time, especially the dynamic "subwoofer." I say try running them overnight a few days, this will smooth up the highs, tame the mids, and refine the lows. Please don't judge too early, these are definitely good cans that I still think are some of the best bass in IEMs.

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #20 of 22
Thanks for the advice. I will give them some time to be burnt in. The first impression was very poor though. Whenever there is even a tiny bit of bass the highs become inaudible. If things don't improve I will pick up a pair of IE8s...

Oct 22, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by yowtf /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. I wasn't impressed with the EBs either. I think you'll really like the IE8s, especially after burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back