WESTONE 3 vs SHURE530 COMPARISON
Dec 10, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #106 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny but I completely understand this.

Sounds like the W3s maybe sound like the K701s, maybe analytical but more detailed and accurate (although fake sounding in a way)

While the Shure E500/530s sound like the HD650, more lush, edges not so defined

If you will
tongue.gif

????????

I hated the K701 and HD650. My W3 sound more like my Edition 9. That's has to be the explanation - another Love/Hate headphone in our midst.
eek.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #107 of 110
I have to chime in here a bit.... I've seen the same sort of wildly varying impressions about every earphone out there I think. The best thing I can come up with is that each earphone matches up with some ear canal shapes, and not others (I would think that even the slightest non-match could affect the intended sound signature in huge ways- and I'm sure this is what happened with me & the Klipsch Custom 3). Another factor I don't see suggested very often on Head-Fi is maybe there's variations in production units. I work in product design/development, in a totally different product category, and I can vouch for how hard it is to achieve consistency in final production. Compound these factors on top of hugely high expectations, and you have a recipe for shattered hopes. On the other hand, many will be very very satisfied.

EDIT- And the resultant slightest differences in opinion from these subtle factors can lead to spiraling threads of arguments, etc, obviously.

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #109 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny but I completely understand this.

Sounds like the W3s maybe sound like the K701s, maybe analytical but more detailed and accurate (although fake sounding in a way)

While the Shure E500/530s sound like the HD650, more lush, edges not so defined

If you will
tongue.gif

????????

exactly that is!..it sounds like akgs but sibilant and fake sounding..
this iem has no problem with lows,mids and highs imo but the sound itself

and yes, 530 has edges not so defined but at least it sounds real..
and you can eq the highs little up but its already good like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back