Westone 3: Using any tip you want
Mar 15, 2010 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

chrisssssssss2

100+ Head-Fier
For anyone who has had trouble getting a fit/good sound from their Westone 3s, I have found a way to achieve a comfortable sound with a great seal. From the stock tips, I found that the gray silicone tips worked best, but I felt that the bass was too heavy and highs were too recessed, probably caused by such a small hole made from the tubing. Since I do not like the way comply tips sound, I decored the small complys, and used this tubing with other tips such as the sony hybrids. With the sony hybrids I got a great seal and it was comfortable, but I looked for something better.

Next I tried shure olives, and found that the tubing is really tight, and I couldn't put it all the way through. This made it very uncomfortable because it was digging deep in my ears. So I finally found a way around this: I used the tubing from the complys and de-cored the shure olives, and stuck the comply tubing through the shure olive tip. For me, this achieved the best sound and comfort than any other tip.

But this doesn't only work for shure olives. The tubing that comes with the small complys can fit through most standard tips, so you can use other tip brands that are normally too big for the Westone 3's by sticking the comply tubing through them. Hope this helps anyone having trouble with the stock tips! Now the Westone 3s sound great and I'm truly amazed by them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back