Westone 3 unamped
Dec 5, 2008 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

AJan

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi.

I just read the very long threads of the Westone 3 and I am seriously considering them. But I am not sure I will take the steps in buying an amp yet since I will just use this portably while communting to and from school. Have the owners tried using these phones straight with the Nano (especially the 4G if possible)? I only have 2 portables at the moment, the 4G Nano and the first generation iPod Touch.

I have read the posts that the 3s are efficient enough and don't require an amp but I am more interested about reading the sonic outcome and detailed impressions if these will be used straight with the iPod(s). Will I miss out a lot if these were unamped?

Appreciate the input.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 6
No need for an amp when listening on-the-go. The Westone 3 are on my hit list too... but I can't be buying them just yet...
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 6
I have run my Westone 3s amped and unamped out of my iPhone 3G. It sounds superb amped, and merely, oh well, great unamped. I'll be flying tomorrow, and I plan to try it both ways during that trip also. If you're not ready for an amp, no worries, you'll enjoy them fully.

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 6
They don't NEED amps but then with amps it would be slightly warmer. Too warm for my tastes but it might be what you're looking for. 
Look at the RSA Shadow. Stepdance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back