Westone 3, Shure Se530, or UE triple.fi 10 Pro
Dec 1, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
current using e4c.

If you like the sound of your e4c, then Im sure you'll like the se530s better.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to everything, from classical to hiphop. Will be using it with RSA Hornet, current using e4c.

Hi,

I graduated from Shure e5s to the se530 and appreciated the wider soundstage and overall musical quality. I was teetering on taking the plunge with UE11s when last week the W3 release was announced ...

Having had a full day's listening on the W3 (mostly through an RSA Predator), I would simply describe as superb.
biggrin.gif

To me it surpasses the se530 in breadth, depth and range. I was inclined to use a little high end EQ on the se530; a diverse selection of music through the W3 sounds just like it should with the EQ firmly OFF.

The W3 is a neater design and sits very comfortably in the ear bowl; the cable lead causes it to fall correctly around your ear; microphony is minimal with the cable correctly placed and cinched.....

Hope that helps !

Best regards,

Kevin

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 6
Newbie question here (and not trying to hijack), but what impact will choice of amp have on these IEM's? I have TC10's and have a P-51 Mustang on order.....having read about its FANTASTIC mids I am hoping that it will perk up that area just a bit for the TF10's sound signature.

Is an amp selection likely to make a large enough difference to result in selection of a different IEM sound signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back