Westone 3 or es-3
Dec 27, 2008 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

00lunar

100+ Head-Fier
so the topic says it all............

any differences between them?

which one could be better?

i know i know

the price for es-3 is a killer but we pay for pleasure aye?

any help with the choice mates?

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 7
Es3 is not for music listening idealy. It has a bump in mid range for vocalists and guitars for the stage. A better comparason would be es2 and w3 or e-7c w3.

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 7
so i guess that westones 3 would sound better aye?

i know that latest westones can beat with their sound allmost everything right now
smily_headphones1.gif

but i miss the detachable cable and customisation in westones 3.

sry for my eng

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00lunar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so i guess that westones 3 would sound better aye?

i know that latest westones can beat with their sound allmost everything right now
smily_headphones1.gif

but i miss the detachable cable and customisation in westones 3.

sry for my eng

Westone 3 sound fantastic no dealt, but there r quite a number of earbuds on it's league, ESP. Ie8 se530 trifi10pro, it all comes to preference after all, it's like comparing Benz nd bmw or Beatles nd Elvis. I love my w3 after all, I ignored ie8 solely bcs it looked ugly IMO ^ ^, appearance is def one of my priority concerns for portable reg ^ ^

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #7 of 7
Look at the ES3x's, they are the new customs that Westone came out with. They are totally balanced unlike the Es3 and don't have a bump in the midrange what so whatever. And they house new drivers with a new crossover. At $850, it's one of the cheapest Top of the Line Custom too, comparing to the similar UE 10 which is $100 more. The ES3x's will most likely be better than the Westone 3's, but we are comparing custom with universal here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back