westone 3 issue with temperature ?
Jan 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

quebecois

New Head-Fier
So I bought some Westone 3's a few weeks ago and I only used them inside. Then, for chrismas, I received an iPod touch so I got to use them outside and I found out that the left earpiece sounds quite a bit lower than the right one but only when they get cold. Let's say its -7 celcius outside, I walk about 5 mins outside then the left earpiece starts to fail... I was wondering if this was due to a defect and I should send them for the warranty, or if I shouldn't be using them outside when it's cold. Sorry for the poor english quality, and thanks in advance.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 3
if you are unsure about operating temperatures you should inspect the instruction manual, i think you may find most headphones have a guidance as to what temperatures you should be operating them at and -7 is perhaps a bit excessive, like using them in the rain, its not a clever idea and that would go for using them in extreme cold, -7 may not be too extreme to you but electronics are a different story, i wouldnt advise you keep using them in this temperature as you may cause further damage. hopefully no long term damage has been done, i would guess its unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back