Westone 3 is assembled in China? or USA?
Jan 13, 2009 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kaushama

Headphoneus Supremus
I have seen someone posting that W3s are exclusively made in USA. But mine says it is assembled in China. Of course it says it was designed in Colorado USA.
So after all W3s are also made in China?

Jan 13, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 12
NO. I don't say manufacturing in China, is a bad thing. But I was curious, if it is made only in USA, whether I have got a genuine copy. Or perhaps there are two batches of IEMs.

Jan 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 12
But there will be chances of reverse engineering and perhaps FAKE ones in the months to come. hat is bound to happen. When I bought CX300 few years back, I had to buy it very carefully as there were many grey market imitations.

Jan 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But there will be chances of reverse engineering and perhaps FAKE ones in the months to come. hat is bound to happen. When I bought CX300 few years back, I had to buy it very carefully as there were many grey market imitations.

I doubt it. I've only seen fake Sennheisers and Shures. I don't think Westone is big enough to be faked.

Jan 13, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been made paranoid by the same thing you have. After buying so many fake CX300s from China when I got the triple.fi's I noticed they were made in China and immediately started fretting about fakes.

Never mind how good they actually sounded or anything.

Don't worry about where they're made. If they sound as good as or better than you expected then they are the real thing.

Jan 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #9 of 12
Yea, I'd be more concerned about where the raw materials came from than where the labor was done. I have no problem with made in China, especially with such a micro product like IEM's. The Chinese women tend to be quite petite and surely have great dexterity with their hands. Great work ethic too.

Jan 13, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Chinese women tend to be quite petite

biggrin.gif
I agree!
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #11 of 12
my um2 is made in the states while my W3 is made in China.

and W3 seem to have better build quality, at least till now.

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
id be more surprised if anything isnt made in china

YUP~ In my entire house, Apart from real estates,,,Pretty much only my House mates are made in USA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back