Westone 3 - Faulty cable
Apr 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a reply from Westone one hour ago, at 08:45 am there, 16:45 hrs where I live, which means they practically opened for business today, saw my email, and dealt with my problem in no time.

They've asked me to send W3 + accessories back to them, and they'd send a brand new unit, also covering the shipping costs both ways. So, if I'm lucky I might have a new pair by Monday/Tuesday next week.

Many thanks to p0wderh0und23, who also got in touch straight away, and for personally seeing I was well taken care of.

Yes, I'm very impressed so far. Extraordinary customer service.

How did you manage to get free shipping? I have to send mine in becuase my cable has a faulty connection within the Y-split that makes the sound very quiet and hollow. I was actually surpised to find that I would have to pay, especially since I apparantly wouldn't need to should there be problems with $150 UM56 custom earpieces (PS thumbs up for the UM56, I don't think I could live without them now!).
Well at least they only want my earphones and not everything in the box
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #47 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiandude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you manage to get free shipping? I have to send mine in becuase my cable has a faulty connection within the Y-split that makes the sound very quiet and hollow. I was actually surpised to find that I would have to pay, especially since I apparantly wouldn't need to should there be problems with $150 UM56 custom earpieces (PS thumbs up for the UM56, I don't think I could live without them now!).
Well at least they only want my earphones and not everything in the box
biggrin.gif

That was just what I was told when I emailed Westone about my cable problem. You might want to drop p0wderh0und23 a PM and perhaps he'll help to sort it out, or at least explain why they covered shipping both ways in my case.

I live in Europe - not sure that has anything to do with it. Perhaps the fact they would replace the whole unit and send a brand new package had something to do with it?

Good luck - I'm sure Westone will give you 1st class CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back