Westone 1 vs shure se310 vs RE0
Apr 9, 2010 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

acvtre

100+ Head-Fier
Can anybody help me to choose among these?
I absolutely need great isolation and comfort. I use a cowon D2 mp3 with high bit-rate.
I would use the in-ear also for running.

My last pair was the soundmagic PL50 and loved 'em.

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 8
I owned the 310's and the Westone 2s (which have to sound better than the 1's) and the RE0 easily beats both of them (imho).

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I owned the 310's and the Westone 2s (which have to sound better than the 1's) and the RE0 easily beats both of them (imho).

Even without any kind of amplification? I heard they need some amplification in order to sound great and they're not so comfortable, is it right?

Why do you say (wright) the RE0 can easily beat the other two?

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by acvtre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even without any kind of amplification? I heard they need some amplification in order to sound great and they're not so comfortable, is it right?

Why do you say (wright) the RE0 can easily beat the other two?

The RE0s certainly improve a bit with amplification but they don't explicitly need it to sound great. I've run them straight from my iPod Touch and Laptop and was very satisfied with their sound.

In terms of comfort, the RE0s are among the most comfortable IEMs I've used with the single flange silicone tips. They're very light and work well with shallow or deep insertion with single or bi-flange tips in my experience. I also hear Comply T-400s and de-cored shure olives (foam) work well with the RE0s.

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 8
if you love the more flat sounding, go to Westone 1 or UM1, they have good comfort too...

but if you looking for something so transparant and really good treble, just grab RE 0
wink.gif

note: imo nothing is better, it's just about your preference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back