Weston UM2 vs. UE TF 10. pros vs. livewires (going to use new IEM for traveling)
Aug 22, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't buy them in Denmark, either used or from the states. The triple.fis are much better sound wise.

Don't we need to pay costumes if we get them from the U. S?
I was planning to get them from either Earphonesolutions or Amazon but I still doubt can get them for that price.
I did contact Earphonesolutions for this and they said:

"For orders of $180 or more, we offer FREE International MAIL.

In this case, usually, there is a very good chance that you would not have to pay tax upon arrival.

Transit time can be anywhere between 5-25 days depending on customs and security delays at airports and borders. There are no tracking numbers with this option and no insurance.

Or, we can ship it via FEDEX for $38.00. Transit time is 3-4 days. There's a tracking number and you would be responsible for ALL tax, duty and brokerage fees upon arrival. If you request, we can declare a lower amount for your shipment.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions."

I think I still need to pay costumes.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aug 22, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #19 of 35
You have to pay import tax but that is only 18% + 150 DKK for the processing. Take a earphone like the UM2s they cost 2500 DKK = $ 500. Or you can buy them from Earphonesolution.com for only $299 + shipping and tax. Of course you don't get the same rights compared to if the product was purchased in Denmark, but who cares when the price is so much lower.

Aug 22, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #20 of 35
Yeah, thank you very much.
I was sure I was need to pay those import taxes, but who cares when the price of Triple.fi is around 500 $ in Denmark like the UM2.
I see the final price will going to be around 430 $ so it's still a better deal to buy them from the U. S.

But I'm now looking instead for an alternative in countries like the UK or Germany. Maybe I find a place where I don't need to pay taxes and shipment at all.
smile.gif

Thanks for your help.

Aug 22, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The waiting time for a pair of customs from LW is roughly 3 weeks at least that was I have read around here. I use a RSA Tomahawk, but it will sound good out of most PMPs. Only thing that can kill it is if the player hisses a lot. The efficiency of the LWs is much higher than that of normal IEMs.

I thought Livewires were taking 4-6 weeks. Of course this is based on what I read on the California Dreamin' thread.

FreQs on the other hand, are taking 3-4 weeks recently.I'm sure Livewires are great, but with your budget, you could get the FreQShows (Triple Driver with removable cable and improved x-over). The FreQ will try to tell you that the new x-over needs an amp, but it just isn't true. I use mine straight from my iPods every day, and they sound incredible!
ksc75smile.gif

Am I biased as a FreQ owner? Probably :p But that doesn't mean I'm wrong!

If you absolutely can't do the commute a few weeks without them, then buy some universals now. Start the process of getting customs, and once you have them (and corrected any fit issues), you can sell the universals. Considering how long you want to wear them everyday, I really think you need customs. They are just soooo much more comfortable.

A lot of folks will say customs always have fit problems, but that really isn't accurate. Based on my experience, good impressions will yield good fitting IEMs. Make sure to do your impressions "open mouthed". A bite block would be nice, but not necessary. I simply put two fingers between my teeth. I didn't bite down hard or anything. I tried to relax as much as I could, and my fingers were just holding my mouth open. My first set of FreQs didn't fit so hot, but I did my impressions poorly (mouth closed and talked while silicon hardened). With the new impressions, I got a great fit.

Nobody else has mentioned this yet, but I listen to Tool and Disturbed on my FreQs pretty often. They are 2 of my favorite bands
wink.gif
FreQs sound great with metal/rock music
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #23 of 35
Dunno when I ordered my Livewires (I was there to get the impression done by John), he said the wait will be about 3 weeks.

He did say that for a short period of time there was about a week delay for every shipment because they received their drivers arrived late.

On the other hand, I am definitely going to buy a Freqshow probably sometime next year.

Aug 22, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dunno when I ordered my Livewires (I was there to get the impression done by John), he said the wait will be about 3 weeks.

He did say that for a short period of time there was about a week delay for every shipment because they received their drivers arrived late.

On the other hand, I am definitely going to buy a Freqshow probably sometime next year.

That's kind of funny because I might order some Livewires next year :p

I'm secretly hoping they start offering a triple driver model
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellesøe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thx for the advice Hayduke
smily_headphones1.gif
im curius how does disturbd's Sickness sound in freq's can the freq's handle the bass ?

Hi Hellesoe (I dunno how to make that symbol hehe)

I read this yesterday, so I put The Sickness on my iPod and gave it a listen with my FreQShows with the MM x-over, and it sounds fantastic. The bass come through great. There are parts when the bass guitar has a note resonating and the bass drum hits several times during that one note. The bass note from the guitar doesn't sound to be affected at all by the bass drum. The FreQs just reproduce both so well, they sound like 2 separate instruments. I think this is what you were asking about. I've heard headphones that cannot reproduce multiple bass notes at the same time. The FreQShows handle it fine.

Aug 25, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Hellesoe (I dunno how to make that symbol hehe)

I read this yesterday, so I put The Sickness on my iPod and gave it a listen with my FreQShows with the MM x-over, and it sounds fantastic. The bass come through great. There are parts when the bass guitar has a note resonating and the bass drum hits several times during that one note. The bass note from the guitar doesn't sound to be affected at all by the bass drum. The FreQs just reproduce both so well, they sound like 2 separate instruments. I think this is what you were asking about. I've heard headphones that cannot reproduce multiple bass notes at the same time. The FreQShows handle it fine.

thx for it
biggrin.gif
and the ø is from a danish keyboard in englush it would be oe
k701smile.gif

i think i need to find myself a audiologist and get me some freq's proberly MM line (either 250 or 350 my wallet and pacience will decide :p)

and then i think ill get myself together and get that mini^3 amp assembled :p

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #29 of 35
i just ordered the UM2's as i tried a m8 of mines and they are awesome for my music taste put treble boost on the ipod, and theese a rocking´... so i will use em for now until i get my customs
smily_headphones1.gif
thx for all the help :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back