Westerville Ohio meet 11May2013 sign up now
May 11, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #61 of 76
This was definitely a worth while event for me! Everyone was super duper cool with switching out amps and comparing different headphones! Also, I've officially been schooled with my intro 101 to high fidelity audio haha. I'll post up all the pics i took as soon as i can! Cant wait until the next meet!!!

May 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #62 of 76
Wow these sr60's don't sound nearly as nice coming straight from a computer, that magni helped a lot

May 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #63 of 76
Quote:
Wow these sr60's don't sound nearly as nice coming straight from a computer, that magni helped a lot

Glad that i could get them fixed for you too :wink:

May 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #65 of 76
Quote:
Glad that i could get them fixed for you too :wink:

That's a given man you helped a lot and those magnums have inspired a soldering gun purchase in the near future. Speaking of which do you think those magnums in the classifieds look decent?

May 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #66 of 76
Quote:

That's a given man you helped a lot and those magnums have inspired a soldering gun purchase in the near future. Speaking of which do you think those magnums in the classifieds look decent?

Me personally would build a new set you will be happier with the outcome. 

May 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #67 of 76
i'll take your word for it

May 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #68 of 76
Quote:
Really looking forward to seeing photos from the event, since I was kept from attending.

Hoping Chico brought his camera to get some nice shots.

I remembered to bring my camera in the car, but I didn't remember to bring it inside!  And once I was inside I forgot all about it.
confused_face.gif

I'll try not to FAIL next time.
tongue_smile.gif

May 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #69 of 76
Quote:

I remembered to bring my camera in the car, but I didn't remember to bring it inside!  And once I was inside I forgot all about it.
confused_face.gif

I'll try not to FAIL next time.
tongue_smile.gif

Haha, hopefully next time I won't have 3 co-workers up and walk out on us right before our busiest day of the week. People should have their IT problems fixed during the week and not during head-fi meets. 
k701smile.gif

May 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #71 of 76
Didn't get to hear that but the Darkvoice was bloody amazing (and unreasonably hot)

May 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #72 of 76
I enjoyed myself tremendously and only regret I didn't arrive earlier.  I finally got to hear the Magni Modi stack and only continue to be impressed by what the folks at Schiit make.  Hopefully by the time the next meet rolls around I'll be able to get a bifrost (with the new uber upgrade) and then we can A/B Schiit's entry level stack to their mid-level rig.  

It's funny.  You'd think going to these meets would stop being fun once you hear everything you want to hear, but at least for me it just makes me think of more things to test and listen to at the next one.

May 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #73 of 76
Hey speak for yourself, I'm a poorfag and learned quite a bit from this: Impedence doesn't mean as much as wattage, amplifiers do have their own sound, and headphones may/may not perform well on certain amplifiers. Also WASAPI is a big screwing deal, use it or be a pleb maxing out their amps with "meh" results

May 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #74 of 76
Quote:
Hey speak for yourself, I'm a poorfag and learned quite a bit from this: Impedence doesn't mean as much as wattage, amplifiers do have their own sound, and headphones may/may not perform well on certain amplifiers. Also WASAPI is a big screwing deal, use it or be a pleb maxing out their amps with "meh" results

Its on right now thanks and btw i can push my dt880s very well now with that on :wink:

May 13, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #75 of 76

Users who are viewing this thread

Back