Western novels
Dec 29, 2002 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Audio-Me

Headphoneus Supremus
Please suggest some of your favorites. I really like Louis L'Amour and Elmore Leonard. The two books I enjoyed a lot were The Daybreakers (The Sacketts), and Gunsights. Where the Long Grass Grows and Radigan were excellent as well. I can't get enough of this stuff! I'm losing sleep cause I can't put these damn books down at night while listening to music, lol.

I'm in the middle of a compilation of short stories called The Strong Shall Live, wish these stories were full novels!

Have any of you listened to the audio books? Are they any good?

Dec 29, 2002 at 10:34 AM Post #2 of 5
Does Stephen King's the Gunslinger count?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
  I really like Louis L'Amour and Elmore Leonard.
Have any of you listened to the audio books?

Yeah, L'Amour and Leonard, all I could get.  Lately I ran through the complete Appaloosa series -  by Robert B. Parker you may have seen the movie.
Quote:
  Does Stephen King's the Gunslinger count?
smily_headphones1.gif

Stephen King's the Gunslinger?
smily_headphones1.gif

Tried it a bunch of times on audio book.. Never finished, not a Western.

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 5
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry gets my vote. Fantastic novel, as well as the rest of the books in that series (although I haven't read the others...)

Edit: Ha, didn't even notice the bump of five years. Why?

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm interested in the genre too.  While my tastes run totally apart from Western, my grandfather loves them (L'Amour, etc) and father's day is coming up! :)

Bonus points for obscure-AND-good recommendations that he would never find in his small town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back