• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2023 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Cliffh93

100+ Head-Fier
Western NC SchiitMeet - Announcement

Friends, I have confirmed a venue and date for the first ever SchiitMeet in the Old North State.

Muddy Creek Cafe & Music Hall
60 S Main Street, Sparta, NC 28675
Sunday 23 April 2023
3-7 pm

1000 - 1 (3).jpeg

There are still a lot of details that I will need to work out with Denise at Schiit Audio in the coming weeks, but date and location are solid.

Schiit Audio will be our sponsor, and therefore there is no cost to attend, and hors d'ouevres and non-alcoholic drinks will be provided, along with a cash bar right there in the room. But due to room and budget limitations, I will need to cap the headcount at around 50.

Jason Stoddard will be joining us via Microsoft Teams at 5pm to answer YOUR questions, so please have those ready as well.

Tom (@Paladin79) has also promised to provide some items to be given away at the event, and we deeply appreciate his support. See photo below, these include his mini-radial speakers, a handmade headphone stand, and some handmade cables as well. Sorry, but you must be present to win.

F38DC284-1B0A-48E3-845D-0A409DC02A90.jpeg

Alleghany County is located at the center of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and the site where its construction began. The ‘New’ River (actually one of the oldest rivers in the world) is just north of Sparta, and is also rare in our hemisphere since it flows North.

If you are too far way to daytrip the event, or if you want to spend the weekend up here and gain some partner points, there are plenty of AirBnB type offerings in the area, some search terms would be Sparta, New River, Roaring Gap, or Glade Valley. Also, you can check out the Alleghany Inn in Sparta (alleghany-inn-sparta.hotelsone.com), rates there are about $90/night.
If you plan on attending, please reply here with the gear you plan on bringing. You are NOT required to bring anything. If you do bring some gear, not a bad idea to pack a power strip as well. This is the event to go to if you are new to the hobby and want to see what would be right for you.

Questions? Feel free to PM me. Also, please vote above to allow me to track headcount. Thx!

Parking details down in post #12!

Schiit Provided Gear List:
Lyr+
Magnius
Modius E
Vali 2++
Jotunheim 2
Rekkr
Aegir
Asgard
Saga+

Attendees and gear:
@voodoobunny
@mitchell2001 - audio gd nfb-28.38, focal elear, audioquest nighthawk, philips shp9500, and aeon open X
@Saberpunch - ATH-L3000, Onkyo A800, Cayin N7
@John Massaria
@Cliffh93 - Gjallarhorn, KEF Q150, Bifrost 2/64, Valhalla 2, Saga S, Modius E, Modi+ ESS, Chord Qutest, Geshelli Labs J2, Gungnir Unison, Focal Elegia, Sennheiser HD600
@Melineous - Bifrost 2 og, Jot 2, Modhouse Argon Mk3, Hd600 and LCD-5
@mjstealey - speakers: Klipsch RP600M
- dac: MMB2, Bifrost 2/64 - hp amp: Piety, Jot2, Vali2++ - eq: Lokius - headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX, Audeze LCD-X & LCD-XC
@DennisLL - Sennheiser HD 660S2, Oppo HA-1

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 36
I would love to come

Mar 19, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 36
We'd love to attend but AXPONA is that weekend, wishing you guys all the best! Be sure to check with the ole-school Carolina Can Fest guys as well if you've not touched base with them already!

Mar 19, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 36
Count me in :)

The gears I will try to bring with me are maybe my ATH-L3000, Onkyo A800, and maybe the D8000 Pro LE. Nitsch Magni Piety maybe for the amp and maybe the Allnic HPA-5000XL if I do not feel to lazy. If anyone could bring a source that would be cool, my Mystique Evo DAC is pretty picky on power source (you will hear a lot of buzz if you do not got a clean power source), so I am not going to bring that. But I might bring my Cayin N7 as a source instead.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #5 of 36
Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #6 of 36
Hi-

For those folks who previously indicated an interest in this NC SchiitMeet, I just wanted to let you know that the we have a date and location finalized. Would love to see you, hope you can make it. Please see above for the details.

@bcowen @Luckyleo @Paladin79 @allans @StimpyWan @golfbravobravo @adydula @White Hat Bob @Jason Stoddard @r2muchstuff @chronoso @DennisLL @RCBinTN @tincanear @Melineous
So far I am planning to send mini radial speakers, speaker cables with locking banana plugs, a couple of pairs of RCA interconnect cables and if I have time maybe a custom headphone stand. I would think most people could use that as well. :ksc75smile: I have these to give away so far, tomorrow I will work on a headphone stand.589EF05A-D064-48F2-8BC8-CD6868CE3BC4.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #11 of 36
I would absolutely drive out if I didn't have a three month old at home. Hope it all goes well!

Apr 16, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 36
We're only a week away!

When you come up, there is lots of parking on the street in front of Muddy Creek. But if spaces are taken, there is a lot out back behind the building and also adjacent lots. If you do park in the back, look for the alley back to the main drag. Which alley you ask? Look for the one that looks like this:

Del-Reeves_WEB.jpeg

When you get to this spot, just turn right and Muddy Creek is the second door down. The meet will be all the way in the back, hallway is to the left. Muddy Creek will close to the public at 3pm so we will be the only ones there. See you on the 23rd!

Apr 16, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #13 of 36
We're only a week away!

When you come up, there is lots of parking on the street in front of Muddy Creek. But if spaces are taken, there is a lot out back behind the building and also adjacent lots. If you do park in the back, look for the alley back to the main drag.
@Cliffh93 - for gear unloading/loading should we park (or double park) in front of Muddy Creek?

I'll pack as efficiently as I can, but will have a decent amount of cargo to haul ...

- Rig 1: Bifrost 2/64 > Lokius > (XLR) Jot 2 | (SE) Vali 2++
- Rig 2: Modi Multibit 2 > Loki Mini+ > Magni Piety
- Speakers: Klipsch RP-600M (OG model)
- Headphones: ZMF Aeolus, ZMF Verite Closed, Audeze LCD-X (r.2021), Audeze LCD-XC (r.2021), Sennheiser HD6XX
- Misc: power conditioner, interconnect, cables, headphone stands, etc.

Really looking forward to meeting you all and getting my ears on some Schiit that I've never listened to before!

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #14 of 36
Boy Scout camping Friday night through Sunday morning, get home, shower!, coffee, then drive carefully to from Winston-Salem to Sparta.

I will be bringing my Sennheiser Drops - 58x and 6xx. Looking forward to getting ears-on with Modius & Maximus, and maybe hearing what the fuss about multibit is about. My wallet is trembling already :).

Apr 17, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #15 of 36
Boy Scout camping Friday night through Sunday morning, get home, shower!, coffee, then drive carefully to from Winston-Salem to Sparta.

I will be bringing my Sennheiser Drops - 58x and 6xx. Looking forward to getting ears-on with Modius & Maximus, and maybe hearing what the fuss about multibit is about. My wallet is trembling already :).
I look forward to meeting you! I assume you will be at Raven Knob, which is only a dozen miles (as the crow flies) from Sparta. See you Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back