WeSC Oboe Repair
Apr 27, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarageBoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check around the pads to see if its screwed together
If its not, you might have to carefully pry apart the casing

I'm not sure you undestood what i need... i just need to solder those cables..

I've already opened it..

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 14
any fine point solder should do, those silver blobs are the solder points for the driver,

you can probobly open the other driver to see how exactly its soldered,

now considering the quality of WESC headphones, i would seriously consider if they are worth reparing,

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any fine point solder should do, those silver blobs are the solder points for the driver,

you can probobly open the other driver to see how exactly its soldered,

now considering the quality of WESC headphones, i would seriously consider if they are worth reparing,

Yes they are worth repairing, i'm not about to spend another 50€ on headphones.

Since it's a simple repair, I just need to know where to solder that, 'cause I don't know anything about electronics...

I opened the other phone and just has 2 wires.. Those 2 lose wires had a piece of tape, but I guess that happened because the tape was holding them on place...

The top "blob" looks to me like the ground wire, since it's even soldered together. The other 2 blobs, are for sound, but i'm just guessing

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

The tape is there to prevent shorting.
A picture can help us help you

I've already posted a picture, in the first post. It's not clear I know, but I don't have any other camera besides my iPhone to take a better one, and yes that was the best I could snap.

I'll try to take a better picture, but probably not before the weekend.

Anyway, let's see if this helps:

Those two lose cables are soldered together. One comes from the cord (from the jack) and the other goes to the other phone. Is it possible that those 2 are meant to be kept lose and preventing from shorting with the others?

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 14
Sorry but that pic is blurry as hell, you cant tell how many cables are and where they are soldered. Try to take a iphone photo again but in a more lighted enviroment (like direct sun light or something) more light helps the iphone.

If you send them signal, does they sound? For what you said I understand the side you are trying to repair doesnt sound at all but the other should work. Try them to see if those taped cables where attached to something, if the side doesnt sound then most likely those cables where doing something.

If you can get a good photo, maybe you can draw a basic picture in paint about how the cables are soldered and how many cables the cable has inside.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you opened the other headphone (good side)? It should give you a comparison.

I've opened the other side and has just 2 wires, which I'm guessing is one for ground, and the other for audio. Theres is also 4 "blobs" on that side, but only 2 are being used.

I'll try to make a scheme in photoshop on something like that..

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #11 of 14
Well, came to the conclusion that I'm going to replace all the cable.

The problem is right where the cord enters the phone, so I'll just replace everything.

I have one question though, is it possible to add a microphone (the new cable has to support it, as well as the jack) with controls like the iphone ones have?

Best Regards

May 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #12 of 14
After a full replacement of the cable, came to the conclusion that one of the phones still keeps "cutting" on the bass frequency..

I guess this is it.. No more repair possible right?

May 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Cutting means your diaphragms are sticking, if I think what you are thinking of.
And the easiest way is to gut a iphone headphone and use the whole cord

I'm not sure about that since with the old cable they would have a good sound when I "twisted" the cable.
It cuts on the bass but only on some frequencies.

Kicks are ok, but the bass sound gets cut... I guess I'll have to buy new ones.
Maybe some Akg or Seinheiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back