"We're not astronauts. We're just asses."
Dec 18, 2005 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eyeteeth

Headphoneus Supremus
Space cadets taken in by TV hoax

_41132026_spacecadets_pa_story203.jpg

'Three contestants have spoken of their disbelief after being fooled into thinking they went into space for the UK reality show Space Cadets.'

I want to do a poll of if you'd go ballistic at first or not but it looks like polls have been disabled. The poll happiness last week?

OK...I think I might go ballistic at first! At least for a short spell.
Finding out about the £25,000 ($44,300) would cheer me up though.

Dec 18, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 5
Winning lots of money is a good consolation prize.
It could be worse, they could've one "100 Grand" like this guy.

Yay, I won a hundred grand!!!

I, for one, would have been suspicious if they weren't walking me out to an actual launch pad with a rocket prepped and everything. Did they blindfold these people before entry into the "spacecraft"?

-Ed

Dec 18, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I, for one, would have been suspicious if they weren't walking me out to an actual launch pad with a rocket prepped and everything. Did they blindfold these people before entry into the "spacecraft"?

-Ed

That's a question I had. They had to have had a big budget to pull it off. I wonder how authentic the ride would have to be if you've never been up before. Where are our British members who may have seen the show?

I love that line, "We're not astronauts. We're just asses."
600smile.gif

Dec 18, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Yay, I won a hundred grand!!!

Can you sue them for 100 grand, and after they're jobless, you prank call them at home? Or better yet hire them as your monkey butlers for a day.

What is it about on-air microphones and testosterone? A bunch lost their jobs in Montreal last year for going too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back