We're loaning AND giving away a Go-Vibe Porta Tube amp!
Aug 8, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 116
I would love to try also, i lived near Seattle, Washington zip code 98043 United States, previously owned woo audio 6, meier swing / cantate, ibasso P3+, ibasso t3. Would like to try this with AT esw10jpn and w10ltd .... In market for this kind of portable tube amp .... Would love to compare this to other portable tube amp... I don't mind writing an impression ...

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #21 of 116
I will wait for a demo unit for other countries first. Curious about this one, it's been getting rave reviews everywhere.

Aug 8, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #22 of 116

Quote:
Hmmm this is interesting, I'd sign up for this but I don't really have anything to compared it to 
triportsad.gif

Would you like to try it anyway? What headphones are you using at the moment?

Quote:
I will wait for a demo unit for other countries first. Curious about this one, it's been getting rave reviews everywhere.

Where are you located Mochan?

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #26 of 116

Quote:

Would you like to try it anyway? What headphones are you using at the moment?

I wouldn't mind experiencing the whole tube magic thing, currently on my first pair of decent headphones (Ultrasone Pro550/DJ1 Pro), they probably won't improve much with an amp but I suppose I can check out what kind of so called magical coloration a tube can add to my headphones 
atsmile.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #27 of 116
Ooh, I wanna try these with some vintage orthos and DT48, along with the rest of my headphones. I'll probably have a new one--probably the Sony Z1000--by the time I get the loaner too. (Plus I want to write a Headfonics article on it) I'm in Illinois, USA

Mochan's in the Philippines. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #28 of 116

Quote:

Now, some suggestions...
1. You can keep it for up to a week, but if you're done with it do pass it on to the next guy =)
2. We may require a deposit, it's not a cheap thing afterall
3. We'd love to know what you think! Either privately or on the forums, up to you!

Ugh.. I hope the deposit isn't to much! As a college student I rarely have much money....I hope the deposit doesn't force less-financially endowed ones away from the loaning program....

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #29 of 116
Ugh.. I hope the deposit isn't to much! As a college student I rarely have much money....I hope the deposit doesn't force less-financially endowed ones away from the loaning program....

I agree, I can see why they would want to do it though. Maybe they will do this depending on how long the user has been on headfi,post counts etc? I've had a loaner unit before, just recently the HIFIMAN RE 272 I hope that's good enough to let me test out this amp without a deposit, I too am a poor student. So at the very least I hope its not a full price deposit.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #30 of 116

Quote:
I agree, I can see why they would want to do it though. Maybe they will do this depending on how long the user has been on headfi,post counts etc? I've had a loaner unit before, just recently the HIFIMAN RE 272 I hope that's good enough to let me test out this amp without a deposit, I too am a poor student. So at the very least I hope its not a full price deposit.

Of course, I do realize their concern, that someone might just disappear from head-fi after receiving their loaner unit. Afterall it is an expensive unit. I think your idea is very usable. Check the amount of time the user has been on head-fi.  Or maybe even seller-feedback, although the latter, again, may exclude those less wealthy ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back