Went on a shopping spree!!!!
Dec 6, 2005 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

cylanes

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I`m very very sorry about my wallet. Why will you ask? I`m gonna share my shopping list with you guys.

1 amplifier Marantz PM-4001 OSE silver
1 cd-player Marantz CD-5001 silver
2 speakers ALR Jordan Entry 2M

10 cd`s

Sheryl Crow - C`mon C`mon
India Arie - Acoustic Soul
Blof - Boven
Erykah Baduh - Baduizm Live
The Best of REM
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Bruce Springsteen - The Rising
Eros Ramazotti - 9
Norah Jones - Come Away with me
Diana Krall - Live in Paris

IMG_0082.jpg
IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

And thank you for all the fish.......
I`m one happy man now !!
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 15
what I really wanted to ask was, does anyone has experience with these products?

Dec 8, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 15
Well since no one else is responding. I've had lots of experience wi with Thriller and Dianna Krall. Great choices there!

As for the hardware or the rest of the CDs, I've got nothing. Enjoy your speakers!

Dec 8, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 15
The only experience I have with any of the major purchases is the Kef's. I heard them, and other Kef speakers at one of the local hi-fi shops and was blown away...they're fantastic speakers...Good Buy!

Dec 8, 2005 at 12:56 PM Post #6 of 15
tnx

I will make pictures when the complete set arrives.
The speakers are on order.

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 15
Wow.. that cost how much? =p Krall & Jones will probably sound amazing on those speakers (they sound amazing on the 650s =p )

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATAT
Wow.. that cost how much? =p Krall & Jones will probably sound amazing on those speakers (they sound amazing on the 650s =p )

Let me say this my wallet really really hurts
biggrin.gif

I know Krall and Jones sound amazing on the 650`s..cause my main can is the 650

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 15
My store couldn`t deliver the Kefs and now I`m settling with the ALR`s.
They are a bit more expensive but certainly worth my money

biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #11 of 15
The best item you bought?

Michael Jackson - Thriller.

I'm not kidding! By buying the album and not the greatest hits with just the singles, you get to experience the King of Pop in context of being The Gloved One! Kudos!

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #12 of 15
cylanes: Looks like a nice combo. Can't comment on the new Marantz stuff, though (still happy with PM8000/CD6000OSE myself...) - but definitely thumbs up for the ALRs!

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jan 9, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
cylanes: Looks like a nice combo. Can't comment on the new Marantz stuff, though (still happy with PM8000/CD6000OSE myself...) - but definitely thumbs up for the ALRs!

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Lini, can you tell me more about it? What is your experience with them?

I like their round and warm overal sound

Jan 10, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #14 of 15
cylanes: Oh, it's quite a while ago that I gave these a listen, so I don't remember that much - but I remember that the sound was good, fairly quick and well balanced without being overly dry, similar to good studio monitors. Considered a pair for myself for a while, but there was some placement problem (is it rear-ported? then it was because of that)...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Btw, please let us know how your new Marantz amp fares in terms of headphone out quality. My old PM510 and the PM8000s do quite well, though I prefer my (Porta)Cordas for modern headphones.

Jan 10, 2006 at 12:23 PM Post #15 of 15
The Marantz PM4001 OSE headphone out is quite good actually.
I even think it`s (almost) on par with my rega ear. Can`t comment on other headamps.

I`m really enjoying the ALR`s, they`re very musical. The sound it produce sounds very natural IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back