Went into the audio shop to buy some m50's but came out with 325i's..
Nov 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

s4one

100+ Head-Fier
The only set of headphones I owned before were 80i's, I love them to death. However, I listen to a good amount of house genre and music with a good amount of bass. In short, I wanted to get a closed set of headphones to listen to with my house music and wanted to buy m50's.

I listened to the 325i's and left with them. I am currently listening to them right now and am in the process of burning them in. I like them so far, I hear the difference from the 80i's and the treble isn't as bad as people mentioned. I hope to see progress as time passes and the burning in takes its place.

I have to admit the shop that I went to had almost all available headphones/earphones to test. I even got to try out the GS1000 wood cups while listening to Micheal Jackson's billie jean!!!

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by s4one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only set of headphones I owned before were 80i's, I love them to death. However, I listen to a good amount of house genre and music with a good amount of bass. In short, I wanted to get a closed set of headphones to listen to with my house music and wanted to buy m50's.

I listened to the 325i's and left with them. I am currently listening to them right now and am in the process of burning them in. I like them so far, I hear the difference from the 80i's and the treble isn't as bad as people mentioned. I hope to see progress as time passes and the burning in takes its place.

I have to admit the shop that I went to had almost all available headphones/earphones to test. I even got to try out the GS1000 wood cups while listening to Micheal Jackson's billie jean!!!

Glad you like the SR325, when I auditioned them they were too much stabby stabby in my ears that I could only have them on for a short period of time. They're great pair, enjoy.

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 10
Loving my 325i's! Just got them a couple of weeks ago. I'd heard of the shrill treble as well but I don't hear it either. To me it has a great crisp treble, but it's not harsh.

I'm sure you, like myself, will only enjoy them even more the longer you listen to them.

Enjoy!

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 10
Enjoy your 325is they are great!

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 10
Yea, maybe I comfortable with grado's some say "piercing" treble because I started off using 80i's.

Just curious, what are some minor mods you 325 owners have done? I read about the tape around the bowl pads but I dont know if its worth it.

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 10
I haven't really done anything. Well I have changed the earpads. The person I bought them from sent some yellow pads with them. I'll say the yellow pads are more comfortable (I think he said they were Sennheiser pads) but I don't find the stock pads uncomfortable anyway, so it wasn't really worthwhile for me.

Nov 13, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 10
so far the headphones are great in sq and finish but one problem that I did not think of is the weight of the cans... 325is are pretty heavy.. Coming from 80is, I now can see myself in the future heading in the route of rs1/rs2 due to the lightness. However, that will be in the far future... haha

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 10
The treble issue, as I have indicated elsewhere, is a problem when:

- you've had a long hard day, and you'd be happier kicking back with something less demanding

- you are used to listening at a given volume with other cans, and are not willing to take the volume back 5-10% for these cans, particularly after the day above

- some music will bring out the worst in them, pure and simple. For me, its not the more obvious stuff with high female vocal etc - its at certain points in a guitar solo. Too much volume and you will find out all about it

That said, the people who cant handle bright cans will continue to beat up on the 325 - thats Head-Fi.

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 10
Putting electrical tape around the the bowls gives more bass- some may argue it's less defined bass but I like it. In my system, and balanced, the 325is is surprisingly good when compared to my Denon's (it's almost a toss-up).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back