Well the GS1000 was not my cup of tea, now what
Dec 8, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus, if you dont want to 'color' the cans, it might be better to just stick with stock cables.

interesting is your comment, as the BD cable does not seem to color the GS to my ears, and owned both the stock and BD version to compare side by side, but agree ultimately that changing the stock cable can alter the sound as perceived by the listener..either way, I think that recabling is further down the road with the OP's audio agenda

Dec 8, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
interesting is your comment, as the BD cable does not seem to color the GS to my ears, and owned both the stock and BD version to compare side by side, but agree ultimately that changing the stock cable can alter the sound as perceived by the listener..either way, I think that recabling is further down the road with the OP's audio agenda

yeah, i somehow knew someone would tackle on this and that is why i said color the cans
wink.gif
either with more neutral sounding wire or not.

you are pushing the BD so hard. if it sounds that good, i think ill have to give it a listen someday, that is when i get a chance.

Dec 8, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you are pushing the BD so hard. if it sounds that good, i think ill have to give it a listen someday, that is when i get a chance.

just was saying, not pushing anything here..no worries from my side either way

Dec 8, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you don't have the system to support the GS-1000 and 650, why not get the K701 and DT990. The GS-1000 is the least colored of John Grado's phones, so the if you think it's colored, then you won't like the RS-1. Then when you build up your system, try the 650 and GS-1000 again. Don't worry about recabling, you have bigger priorities first.

I really like the SENN 600s though my MARANTZ 5001. Everyone says that these are hard to drive but I get more than enough volume
I listen at very low levels (some might say obscenly low) but thats my preference. I went with the GS1000 because it was supposed to do the low level thing better than any other phone. Still harsh and unbalanced to these ears though.

The strange thing about the GS1000 was the volume, i needed to turn up my player/amp to get to the same sound levels as the SENNS and the GRADOS are only 32ohms while the senns 300ohms That really didnt make any sence to me. I could only think that it was the cable.

Dec 8, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by vai-777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still harsh and unbalanced to these ears though.

This is PRECISELY why I advised you not to buy too many Grados. It would only be more of the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back