Well that pretty much ruins that song for me ...
Jan 2, 2024 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Thomasr

500+ Head-Fier
Ever since Spotify randomly presented it to me, Nick Mulvey's Fever to the Form has been a favourite of mine. There's an emotional pull to the rhythm and the vocals that I find irresistible.

Well, Quaker Oats just decided to make a commercial featuring that song ... which managed to ruin everything in short order.

Jan 3, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 3
Ever since Spotify randomly presented it to me, Nick Mulvey's Fever to the Form has been a favourite of mine. There's an emotional pull to the rhythm and the vocals that I find irresistible.

Well, Quaker Oats just decided to make a commercial featuring that song ... which managed to ruin everything in short order.
Would you still like it if the advert was for Rolls Royce

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 3
I say good for Nick Mulvey! The music biz is tough. If he can score some sweet Quaker Oats money, I say kudos to him! This is not the old days when artists were condemned for "selling out" - like the way Del Fuegos got roasted for being in a Bud Light commercial in 1985. Neil Young's the only one still holding on to that old notion. There's no money in recorded music anymore thanks to the streamers. Records are just to get the tunes out there so artists can make money touring. Any commercial or TV/movie soundtrack pickups are now a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back