Well picked up Valhalla 2 for cheap, but may not be ideal
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

squidman

100+ Head-Fier
Going on chat with old mate. I picked them up for dirt cheap, 2900 nok or 247 euro used, and am waiting on Arya Stealth. But buddy says that OTL amps may not be a good match. I'm no guru, had to look up OTL etc (play guitar so have some idea of push-pull and class A etc), so it would seem Valhalla 2 will be good for my hd600 but not good for Arya Stealth which I just bought. Both are arriving within the week. Any ideas? Completely at sea here. Not a frigging electrical engineer or sound engineer. Will have to get rid of either Valhalla 2 or Schiit Magni 2. For a loss. Any ideas? As a a guitar player, just jumped on the idea of having tubes. For half-price.

Well whatever, can't sell headphones for near their purchase price anyway, have to get rid of them and looking at 50-75% loss. Especially he-4xx. Bought for 2-3k nok and selling for 1k nok. Despite being a great pair of cans! Well I had to pay shipping and VAT on top of everything, so it ended up costing me like 300 usd. Still great cans!

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 3
Well works brilliantly with hd600, but surprisingly well with Arya Stealth magnet. Stoked. Still have Magni. Possible distortion in lower end I think is due to lower quality recordings. Will set up with modi and magni with split rca cables. Wish I could stack them all, but the rack from Schiit is about 180 euros which is just ridiculous. Total rip-off. Have space for them all as it is on desk. Just barely.

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #3 of 3
Valhalla really brings hd600 to life! Like them on Valhalla a bit better than Arya Stealth, as more forward and immediate. And takes out some of the sibilance and analytical quality. Very good match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back