Well my 650s just died
Jul 21, 2009 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

VncentValntine

Head-Fier
well not died but the left driver now crackles and flutters... I opened it up to see if there was a hair in there... low and behold there's a nice dent along a few ridges on the outer ring of the diaphragm... The only solution I can think of is to turn these into Sennheiser

...which is why I'm posting here, by any chance does anyone have a miracle solution?

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 6
Could it be a lose or intermittent connection with the cable plug in the earcup? Unplug the cable from the earcup and plug it back in.

Just a guess. I have occasional issues there with intermittent connections on my HD580 and HD600 (and I'm using the HD650 cable with my HD600).

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 6
try a different cable.. the left side died on my hd 212s, different cable method but that could still be it.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadly55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try a different cable.. the left side died on my hd 212s, different cable method but that could still be it.

holy shnikeys i reversed the cable and now it's on the right side! Well, now i'm impressed by how that dent doesn't impede on the drivers obvious sound
tongue.gif

Thanks everyone for the help!

And thanks limpid for that suggestion, but I think Ill hold off since that isn't the immediate problem :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back