Well I'm having loads of fun
Mar 23, 2006 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Whitebread

1000+ Head-Fier
A lot of things have come together this week. Majority of the things I wanted to buy and build are taking shape as I type this.

The computer parts I ordered have started to arive (this is teh first of 3 shipments). I purchased a Pair of HD650s last saturday and they are really starting to break in (I was going to sell them but decided not to). I recently purchased the Gateway monitor you see in the pics and the Koda 8 based sub I planned on building 3 months ago is taking shape! I'm very excited for the next few days!
Pics!
DSCF1191.JPG

DSCF1195.JPG

DSCF1192.JPG

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 6
Very nice, I see you got your hands on an Opteron CPU. I wanted to get the 144, but it was out of stock everywhere so I went with the 3000+ Venice instead. Hopefully mine will overclock to 2.4-2.5 ghz, once I put a new heatsink on it.

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Very nice, I see you got your hands on an Opteron CPU. I wanted to get the 144, but it was out of stock everywhere so I went with the 3000+ Venice instead. Hopefully mine will overclock to 2.4-2.5 ghz, once I put a new heatsink on it.

Hmmm, when did you buy? Last I checked the 144 was instock at newegg. And why no dual core?
biggrin.gif

I'm also hoping for a similar overclock, with one of those massive thermaltake heatpipes ad a 120mm fan on the CPU.

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:13 PM Post #4 of 6
You guys hear of that quad core Intel?No idea when it is due but it sounds amazing in test.

Anyway Whitebread keep a photo record of all your head-fi stuff you will be getting in the next few years
icon10.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebread
Hmmm, when did you buy? Last I checked the 144 was instock at newegg. And why no dual core?
biggrin.gif

I'm also hoping for a similar overclock, with one of those massive thermaltake heatpipes ad a 120mm fan on the CPU.

LOL, don't get into the overclock hobby, or you'll be left in a pickle deciding what you can sell (gateway monitor + hd650) to buy a phase change (say vapochill?) and some new ram :p. Trust me, I used to observe xtresystems, xtremeresources, abxzone, etc, with their overclocking activities, and this may be an addiction as big or bigger then headphones.

Because your expecting an overclock, I assume you went with the either the DFI NF4 board, or the asus a8n32? I think their a new MSI int he market, or something similiar, but there are only 3-4 borads even worth making an attempt of overclocking with.

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebread
biggrin.gif

I bought a while ago, right after they announced the discontinuement of the opterons and they all shot up in price. No dual core 'cuz I needed to keep the entire rig under 400 dollars sans GPU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back