well..I think I am going to stop smoking
Sep 14, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #31 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Well its about to be 12 hours without a smoke, and though it might not seem as a long time it is...really

I know that all too well, 'cause the non-stop flight from Munich to SF and vice versa takes 12 hours - oh, that craving, especially when I get served a coffee... *sigh*
wink.gif

So, good luck to you! *thumbs pressed*

Greetings and best wishes from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Sep 14, 2004 at 8:25 AM Post #33 of 64
oh no... that after meal urge....
I just recently quitted.. (about 4 months ago.) I was a smoker for at least 15 yrs. Was doing a bit over pack a day, then I went cold turkey....
Just don't give in... I know it's tough....
I'll try to dig up a link that help me quite and post it later tomorrow..

Sep 14, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #34 of 64
Hang in there bhd... I'll be joining you in a couple days
smily_headphones1.gif

There is one symptom you forgot though... or maybe it just hasnt hit you yet.

Extreme hunger and insane appetite. Get ready for it, smoking is a huge appetite suppresser and without it you will go nuts eating for the first little while.
icon10.gif

EDIT: and not smoking doesnt really make me horney... but I'm sort of already there most of the time anyways
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #36 of 64
dudes it has been 24 hours without a smoke....lol

I have the sense of smell like a lion, this mourning I smelled my neighbor making coffee from my basement...how messed up is that.
its a good feeling waking up and not wreeking like smoke to..i smell like tide with bleach...but damm I smell good!!

the hunger is so bad its basiclly a consistent burning in my stomach..but thats not to much a issue now

I am alot calmer then yesterday, thats until someone piss'es me off...lol

I am not having headaches yet

I made a espresso this mourning and that was really weird. it smells so damm deep and good. the taste is nasty as all hell but god i love the smell.

I took off of work today cause My dad is out of town and since no one messing with me is home i firgure I have a little holiday for myself to myself..I deserve it

any thoughts?

Sep 14, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #37 of 64
Smell the headband of your PS-1. After all, it is "leather" as Grado says. Ah, leather.

Sep 14, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #39 of 64
Hey...g'luck with the quitting. I first saw your posts in the hottub thread. I saw your avatar, noticed the PS-1's on top of the rings...being a grado fan (just sr-80's for now) and an audi nut (an S4, is it? I really didn't look at the grill too closely, it just pains me to see what I can't have...sigh.) My girlfriend is trying to quit right now. We have a little girl...22 months old (why I can't have my 225's and working audi (have an older one that the tranny went out on...damb car), its not working out for her...but I wish you the best of luck. I just think of all the Headphones and amps I could get if I didn't have to buy her a 2 packs every 3 days...grrrr... Ok...enough venting, I wish you well (as someone who has similar tastes in cans and cars...what better passions to have, no?)

**BRENT**

Sep 17, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #41 of 64
well... I've been not smoking for 16 hours and DAMN my neck hurts

But other than that, not too bad so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #42 of 64
shivering and the sweats when you dont have a smoke? man, your body is trying to tell you something if it acts like that off the cigs - and no, it isn't "get me a cig." here's to a happy and healthy body, you quitters!

Sep 18, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #43 of 64
will philodox You are in for some good times and bad times...lol I know I am right ahead oh you (time wise only).

I have had 4 puffs 2 days ago and my throat just locked up, I got really dizzy, my eyes rolled up...and then I puked. This all happened only a few days after my last smoke (since i quit) so Our bodies are definitly telling us something... I won't be smoking again this I gurrantee cause if my body cant breathe like it couldnt after a few puffs then just imagine when I really give it up...ewww

I have been noticingt alot of changes in my body over the last few days, and these are very big changes for me.

One of the bad changes is I went to a cafe I usually hang out at for 5 mins last night and I walked out smelling like smoke....yuckkkk..
if thats only 5mins then what do you non smokers do at bars and clubs and whatnot>??

Sep 18, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #44 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
well I finished the last cig from the last pack from my last carton about a hour ago..lol

so its nomore smoking for me and my body and brain. I will let you all know how I feel tonight and the upcoming days ahead.

Hi bhd812,

Just keep remembering that it will improve your sex life....unless your girlfriend insist to buy them for you....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Sep 20, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #45 of 64
God... day 4 is killing me. I work on an IT helpdesk for the Provincial Govt and every call is slowly stripping my will to live.
frown.gif

But my day is almost over and I am looking forward to listening to music on the way home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back