well..I think I am going to stop smoking
Aug 11, 2004 at 6:07 PM Post #16 of 64
Hi bhd812,
Congratulations on your resolution to quit smoking. I went through this a few months ago and it was very difficult but it was all worth it. It took several tries until I quit for good, but since my husband still smokes I kept failing after a few weeks.
frown.gif

I tried Zyban, but it made me feel sick. The patches worked pretty good but I went back when I took them off. What worked for me was the Smoke Away system, after a few days I didn't smoke at all and I felt pretty good after 2-3 weeks. Good luck!
I saved lots of money but I spent twice as much on headphones... beware!
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2004 at 6:09 PM Post #17 of 64
Aside from the health considerations, smoking is bad for your headphones and electronic equipment. I do computer work, and there's no mistaking the hardware of a smoker.
frown.gif
We've had a number of threads about the problems of cleaning used headphones and equipment bought from smokers.

Quiting is a worthwhile goal. Good luck.

BW

Aug 11, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #18 of 64
tell me about it, everything that lands in my room for a good 2 months comes out yellow, just imagine what its doing to me...yeah i know im done with it but now i need a plan of action.

but in the mean time i need a smoke..lol

I am planning on stopping when my depression sets in about next month or in oct, so when my body is completely driving me nuts like last year when i put a t shirt on and my face burned for a half an hour and then I grew into a full blown panic attack, which then I noticed I was in the corner of my room sitting on the floor going nuts....not fun, so I got alittle plan of making my body go nuts on my call this year.

sounds wacky but it might work for both goods.

Aug 11, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #19 of 64
i found some info/links that may be useful:
(i personally have very little knowledge in this area)

http://whyquit.com/ - Motivation, Education, Support for Nicotine Cessation
lots of info + discussion boards

http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_02_17_smoke_in_lung.html - [Warning] harsh pictures of black lungs.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/index.htm - Tobacco Information and Prevention Source [TIPS]
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/how2quit.htm - TIPS How to Quit

warning - this stuff is not a pleasant read, whyquit.com takes a harsh approach
hopefully, this will help out some individuals.
Please look forward to the benefits of quitting smoking...better health for all...wc.

Aug 12, 2004 at 12:29 PM Post #21 of 64
Hey, we can be quitting buddies! I quit about four days ago, and I'm wearing the patch. Besides being free of the constant nag to go kill myself at a slow rate, I'm doing it to save more money to buy equipment.

Good luck!

Sep 13, 2004 at 5:52 PM Post #23 of 64
I've been on zyban for the last 1 1/2 weeks and stop smoking this thursday... wish me luck
wink.gif

So I will be a non smoker at the Toronto mini-meet
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #24 of 64
Hey guys! Best of luck in your stop smoking goal. Although I have never been a smoker myself, I have done extensive research on the subject of smoking, and smoking cessation. By that, I also mean, I have spoken with many people that have quit, or are in the process of quitting. Please feel free to PM for any advice or encouragement. You can do this guys!

Sep 13, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #26 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hop Pocket
Hey, we can be quitting buddies! I quit about four days ago, and I'm wearing the patch. Besides being free of the constant nag to go kill myself at a slow rate, I'm doing it to save more money to buy equipment.

Good luck!

Team no smoking seems to be a growing team.
I stopped smoking 4 days ago.
For me cold turkey is the best way.I tried reducing step by step several times and it didn't work.Two and a half years ago I stopped smoking via cold turkey (and started smoking again a few months later due to a broken heart
tongue.gif
.)I learned from this in the end failed attempt that it will never be totally over.In this regard "nicotinism" is similar to alcoholism.
Three very hard days, shivering and lots of transpiration.
Afterwards four uncomfortable weeks with a sometimes warped mind rationalizing why only one cigarette isn't that bad.
That's all.
IME.
YMMW.

P.S.: During the last months whenever I felt the urge to smoke at home I smoked in the bathroom since I don't wanted to ruin my Staxes.
I mean,an adult smoking on the toilet like a schoolkid ........
Besides freedom, health and wallet I just don't want to be a clown sitting on a toilet with a cigarette in my hand for the rest of my life.
icon10.gif

Sep 14, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #28 of 64
Well its about to be 12 hours without a smoke, and though it might not seem as a long time it is...really

anyhow here is what I have noticed do far..

I am horney as hell, I wanna FCKU anything that looks good!!! (no probelm with that)
I have a true demon on my shoulders, as in I am agressive and pissed off. I wanna get a 666 tattoo and listen to some metal while doing a cool 160mph on the highway.....(i really like this one)
I noticed when I just left work that my sense of smell is increasing, when I sat in my car I smelled the leather in the air...it was very powerful compared to before (finally getting some smiles off a $40k car...this is good)
I am in defense mode, like if someone pissed me off I would run up to them and ram them with my head...lol..usually I would run away like a punk...not anymore! (i hope this one stays around forever)

no headaches yet..I will let you know how tomorrow turns out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back