Well, I just lost my job...
Jul 24, 2003 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

williamgoody

Banned
......in about three weeks anyway. Turns out the guy who owns the business I manage is selling it, and that person want a fresh crew.

I swear, only in NY do things like this happen. I asked him how long he was in negotiation to do this, and the owner told me "around six months or so". Considering I've been here only for about two and a half, I would have appreciated it if he let me know about this during the interview process, especially since he was asked about that possibility.

Oh well, what can you do. That's life.

Just needed to vent, thanks
plainface.gif

Jul 24, 2003 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 14
Geez Bill, that is terrible news. But, perhaps this might be a good thing in the long run.

Keep your spirits up and if you need any help with a resume, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Jul 24, 2003 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 14
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Job. My one piece of advice is to treat the search for a new job like a job and put in the time every day. It will pay off. If you need any help with a resume let me know.

Jul 24, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 14
That sucks man! I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you get a new job fast. BTW which store was this?

Jul 24, 2003 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 14
Thanks everyone. I'm not TOO worried, but still, I've got bills to pay. Christmas is around the corner so in my field the job market will be opening up soon. Imight have to do part time until then, but like I said, that's life.

At least it happened after I got my new gear.
3000smile.gif

There's always a bright side.

Jul 24, 2003 at 8:21 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
Dude. with some of your posts, I'd be surprised if you were old enough to spell.

He's old enough to read, too! If only you could get your hands on some of his book reports!

- Chris

Jul 24, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Thanks everyone. I'm not TOO worried, but still, I've got bills to pay. Christmas is around the corner so in my field the job market will be opening up soon.

Does that mean you're an elf, or maybe a reindeer?
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2003 at 8:33 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Davie
Does that mean you're an elf, or maybe a reindeer?
wink.gif

LOL, Dude, you've met me. I think I look more like Santa.
biggrin.gif

I'm in the retail industry. So things will pick up in a month or two, but the fact that I left a promotion at my prior job (which was, believe it or not, a temporary promotion), kind of leaves me a little dry in the mouth.

Jul 24, 2003 at 8:51 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

LOL, Dude, you've met me. I think I look more like Santa.
biggrin.gif

I'm in the retail industry. So things will pick up in a month or two, but the fact that I left a promotion at my prior job (which was, believe it or not, a temporary promotion), kind of leaves me a little dry in the mouth.

Well, at John Grado's I thought you looked like you might be a reindeer out-of-uniform.
wink.gif
blink.gif

If you're in retail, then I guess that puts you in the Santa category. I hope things look up soon.

(ps., tired of those eggos yet?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back