Well i got mugged and...
Mar 2, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobayrasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I totally understand what CODTD was saying. I was mugged in Atlantic City 12 years ago and I still get freaked out all the time about it. I don't understand why you think it was wrong for him to say that. Being mugged is a very stressful thing that can mess with your head for a long time to come.

edit. Lmilhan changed his post.

Yeah, I think I may have taken the comment in a way different than how it was intended. I still can foresee some of the more sensitive Head-Fiers taking issue with it though.

Mar 2, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #32 of 43
If you loved your MDR-V6, then stick with it. Don't fix what's not broken.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #33 of 43
Sorry to hear you got mugged
frown.gif
Why not just pick up another pair of V6s? Personally that's what I'd do, or maybe a pair or two of KSC75s? They're a bit cheaper to replace if lost or stolen.

Mar 2, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #34 of 43
Philodox! its been a long time since ive recieved and offer of equal kindness! although i have to decline cause i already have a little headphone fund, and would probably end up buying some priceyer cans anyway. but you still made my day
smily_headphones1.gif

well i plan to get ksc75 in the future anyway...so i dont consider it a serious contender(though not for any technichal reasons!)

about the mugging thing, i know headphones make me a target, it was pretty stupid of me, its just that i was comfortable with the nieghbourhood(went often) and kinda lost the sense of danger i should have had(the fact that i should have had it makes me very depressed*sigh*). This was my second time in a month, the first was a tiny guy with a knife, this was two guys who were bigger than me, both were a case of wrong place and wrong time, because i listen to cans wiht my hood up, and the first time i wasnt even listening to em, the second they approached me before they saw em.

its still down to the pannys, or the AKGs, and i cant for the life of me decide which. im not too into the whoel iem idea if they are my main cans, and i was thinking of getting some bass freqs later in hot pink for my phone
smily_headphones1.gif

i think i need to have a few more sleepless nights before i can stop caring and pull the trigger on either, theyre both suitable for my application i guess. Or i can always ask the old "which ones can i wear in public" question to my girlfriend and choose based on that!

Mar 2, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by xstephanx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah it was the second time in a month
frown.gif
, as a skinny white kid, i have a problem with getting hassled by the gangster types.

also waht about ath-pro500? they look pretty sleek, and pretty sturdy.

i liek the k81, but it doesnt look like it completely covers your ear...which is a no.

dam dude, sorry to hear that u got mugged. im an overweight mexican american who looks totally like a gangster... i might mug u someday
wink.gif
i guess my problem is trying not to get shot because of my looks (its true btw
frown.gif
)

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #36 of 43
I like being a bigger guy, makes me less of a target. Plus the fact that I use marshmallows for my portable rig. Although it wouldnt be losing my headphones that would suck, it would be being threatened. I hate Toronto as is (not originally from here, Im gone in 2 months yay), and some people on the street look a little sketchy. If I was ever threatened in any way I would totally break down. Im already a nervous wreck in this city.

So im sorry about your luck mate, but like I read in an earlier post, perhaps you should think about some 20 dollar IEMs because to be honest, music isnt worth listening to if you are going to have your life threatened.

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #37 of 43
i dont get how my raver friends walk around at night wearing their sony mdr v700s(and those cans make you a target like nothing else haha) at 2am downtown and never get mugged.

Im starting to think ill go for the pannies, becuase the AKG are(correct me if im wrong) all plastic, and all plastic headphones and me have a bad history.

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #38 of 43
don't get the ath pro5, i've had them for a month where i got so dissatisfied with the the sound quality that ended up trying to mod them and made them worse, then the wiring on the right driver broke on me.

they handle mids great, but that's all their good for, a non fatigue sound with no highs and bad muddy bass

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #39 of 43
yikes, thanks for the heads up!

im going on a cruise on friday, and would like some headphones before then as i really have very little to do on cruises(doesnt suit my character), if i ordered the pannies from audiocubes today, would they make it here before friday? i hear lots of good things about audiocubes shipping, but theyre STILL in japan regardless, and those things take time.

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #40 of 43
I think you should just buy another pair of V6 if you know you liked them. Then get some DT250 velours and you're set.
icon10.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #41 of 43
as ive said before...im trying to go for something different,hopefully a bit more fun sounding.

.....jankenpyon!(saw the team j-pop and i think mini moni is the funnyest thing ever
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #42 of 43
Yeah, I was mugged before too. It scared the crap outta me. Three people jumped me while I was wearing my HD280s and listening to my Cowon A2. Fortunately they couldn't steal anything since I rolled up into a pretty tight knit ball, but my HD280s were busted. I returned to Sennheiser saying I got jumped and they broke, and that I would pay to get it replaced, since I love them to death, and they gave me a new one in a box for free after I returned my old ones. Couldn't sleep for a week after the incident, but everything worked out. I would just get the V6's again, since they go for cheap, why spend more money and get mugged again only to have it stolen. I was prepared to buy another HD280 if my waranty didn't expire, since I love them a lot as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back