Well I did it ...
Apr 11, 2008 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

leoftw

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered a Auzentech Prelude and Sennheiser HD280's . Hopefully I'm no disappointed
frown.gif
I never spent this much on audio . Total is around 300
frown.gif
hopefully this makes my gaming experience better.

Apr 11, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 15
Will do , im going from

Onboard sound + rca headphones (3.50 on buy.com)

to this
smily_headphones1.gif

I will make sure to take pictures and post em here.

HOpefully I don't have any issues with the MIC like other people have had because spending 200$ on a soundcard and the MIC doesn't work sucks ass but there was no way in hell I was going to buy one of creatives cards at this points. I know they have a chip in the Auzentech but they could kiss my arse.

Apr 12, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 15
That's such a big upgrade, I won't be surprised if you think music sounds totally strange and foreign. Sometimes people become so accustomed to the way their system sounds that huge changes are hard to process.
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #6 of 15
Well my Auzentech arrives Monday but I went from

This

IMG_28161.jpg

TO THIS !!

IMG_28151.jpg

$183.50 OTD including tax at Guitar Center !!

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #7 of 15
Dont look at them with admiration, they gone destroy your ears. Try to use your speakers as often as you can.

Apr 12, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont look at them with admiration, they gone destroy your ears. Try to use your speakers as often as you can.

Right up there among the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard.

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 15
Apr 12, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Quote:

eMedicine - Inner Ear, Noise-Induced Hearing Loss : Article by Neeraj N Mathur

The article you cited does not contain either the word "headphone" or the word "speaker" and provides no support at all for your claim.

Apr 13, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #13 of 15
Well, yes it may sound a little paranoid, but it was not my purpose to fright people of using headphones. I'm talking here, of possibilities, you can smoke 2 packets of cig. a day and live 99 years, or smoke 2 cig. a day and get ca. There is a known associated risk for NIHL and Tinnitus, with using headphones at high volumes. I have to live with tinnitus(a constant high pitch noise) 24/7, its not much, but it can go only worse and there's no cure. I cannot determine if it's all from the use of the headphones, but for sure its a factor. You can choice not to accept this, and call me paranoid, but the fact is fact.
However, I repeat this is only one factor among the mountain of others, which will dettermine if we are going to develop or no any problem with hearing, it's just better to know.Thats all.
Sorry for the trouble...

Apr 13, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Well, yes it may sound a little paranoid, but it was not my purpose to fright people of using headphones. I'm talking here, of possibilities, you can smoke 2 packets of cig. a day and live 99 years, or smoke 2 cig. a day and get ca. There is a known associated risk for NIHL and Tinnitus, with using headphones at high volumes. I have to live with tinnitus(a constant high pitch noise) 24/7, its not much, but it can go only worse and there's no cure. I cannot determine if it's all from the use of the headphones, but for sure its a factor. You can choice not to accept this, and call me paranoid, but the fact is fact.
However, I repeat this is only one factor among the mountain of others, which will dettermine if we are going to develop or no any problem with hearing, it's just better to know.Thats all.
Sorry for the trouble...

maybe not everyone uses head phones at high volumes
rolleyes.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Sorry for the trouble...

This all has been extensively discussed before.

Headphones are not any more dangerous than speakers. Headphones will not destroy your hearing as you suggest unless you are listening too loud. And, as I said, speakers will do the exact same thing when you listen too loud.

So, I'd ask that you actually take the time to learn what your talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back