Well I bought the Shure E2's
Sep 18, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 11
Congratulations.........make sure you clean your ears!
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2004 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 11
Don't try to force them in

e2 are not suppose to go all the way in like the etys

edit: it hurts
wink.gif

oh and first time you try canal phones you will get pretty uncomfortable, but you'll get used to it I guess

Sep 19, 2004 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 11
First time I got the E2s, I kept messing around with the silicone tips because they look cool, but wound up going over to the foamies -- they're just THAT much better (I thought)

You'll probably still want to start out with the silicone tips though, just so you get the hang of getting the E2s on and off. After a few days, insertion becomes second-nature. Once you think you have things going nice and smooth, try the foamies out (use your thumb and forefinger to press them into a nice tight roll and insert). Again, I personally felt they were superior in comfort AND sound quality.

Good luck, and most importantly, enjoy!!

Sep 19, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 11
i went straight for the foamies. They're more pliable and easier to get a good fit with than the harder silicone sleeves. Also, they're more comfortable and give better isolation.

Sep 19, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets
i went straight for the foamies. They're more pliable and easier to get a good fit with than the harder silicone sleeves. Also, they're more comfortable and give better isolation.

Me too... btw, with the foamies, you can shove them all the way in.

Sep 19, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #7 of 11
Foamies all the way for me, too!
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #9 of 11
Check out the different mods for the e2, or consider investing in a seperate set of foamies.

If you do go with the foamies, wash them when they get dirty, and reuse them as long as they still work,

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Musicsafe 2 earplug mod, do a search on 'e2 mod' in the forums.

This mod uses a duo-flange tip borrowed from a pair of musicians ear-protection and it works great!

I like the e2 with this mod as much as my stock e3's because of the ease of use and re-usability...

Sep 19, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 11
I bought a pair locally as well. should be here monday.
orphsmile.gif

by the way amazon has it for $69.99 with the $30 coupon code.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _SLY_
Yup, i bought 'em...

any suggestions? they'll be here on wednesday....

Sep 19, 2004 at 2:44 AM Post #11 of 11
Sly,

Got mine yesterday! You're in for a treat. Very entertaining, bass as good as the Sony 71, but far more detail and mid range balance. Don't bother with trying to wear them strung down your back as the instructions suggest, and don't forget to put the earwax guards on the nozzles before using...

des

Users who are viewing this thread

Back