well, everyone did it work for you?
Nov 24, 2001 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Gradoistcool

Head-Fier
i really hope it worked for everyone, if it doesn´t work at first, KEEP PLAYING THAT TRACK over and over and over at medium to high volume(just as long as it´s not distorting/rattling) and they get better every time. i´ve played it through my K501/OBH-11 combo for about 12 hours straight, and man oh man what a difference, i set the volume at 12 o´clock and left it play on repeat over and over and over again. Now, i couldn´t ask for anymore out of these, i just tried my RS-1´s and SR325´s and to my surprise the bass was harder on my K501´s!!!!! it´s really amazing, have fun everyone!

Nov 24, 2001 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 12
"KEEP PLAYING THAT TRACK"

What track?
confused.gif
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2001 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 12
I can't -- I'm not set up to listen to stuff out of my computer. :frowning2: I'll figure something out, just not anytime soon.

Nov 24, 2001 at 5:26 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
Decode to a.wav file and burn it to a CD. You can use win32LAME, which is quick, fairly intuitive, and free.

Most CDR software should be able to do the decoding for him... Easy CD Creator 5.0 Platinum lets me select a bunch of MP3s and then automatically decodes them to create a normal audio CD which can be played in any CDP...

Nov 25, 2001 at 12:01 PM Post #8 of 12
True, LAME might do the job better, I never tried it - I just don't have the patience (or the HD space at the moment) to decode 80 minutes of MP3 before burning... Letting 5.0 Plat. do it is much easier and quicker...

There might be a difference in quality between LAME and 5.0 Plat's decoding (I don't know which codec it uses to decode) but since the important thing in this project seems to be frequency and impact (rather than noise and precision) I don't think it matters...

I'm no expert though....
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back